The part-time Worship Leader will work 16 hours per week under the supervision and guidance of the MBIC Worship Director, currently Ryan Shenk. This role will support, develop and sometimes lead worship gatherings such as Sunday morning adult worship as well as events throughout the student and children’s ministries. This is a 1-year, developmental role to allow for evaluation of ministry needs at the conclusion of this timeframe.
Assist the Worship Director by developing and leading worship in the following areas (on a prioritized basis):
- Sunday & mid-week programming (two Sunday morning services, rehearsal on Wed nights)
- Student & Children’s Ministries (Sunday School, Wednesday Night Kids, Wednesday Night Middle School, Monday Night High School)
- Assist the Worship Director in developing and leading Sunday morning worship & Wednesday night rehearsal. This will consist of participation on Sunday worship team 1 Sunday per month and planning/leading responsibility for 1 Sunday per month.
- Assist in scheduling and communicating with volunteers.
- Assist in preparing supplies and spaces for worship teams.
- Assist student and children’s ministries worship efforts throughout the week helping with planning, rehearsal, and coaching team to lead worship. This will also be a means to identify and mentor students for Sunday morning worship team participation.
- Assist in develop & implementing strategies to recruit and train new worship leaders, musicians, vocalists, and volunteers to pray, read Scripture, etc.
- EQUIPPING LEADERS AND VOLUNTEERS by recruiting, coaching, and nurturing ministry leaders who carry out the mission of worship ministries.
- Meet regularly with MBIC Worship Director.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christ and spiritual maturity (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1).
- Leadership experience in worship ministries with leadership level musical skill in voice and/or on instrument.
- Ability to work ahead, plan, organize, delegate, and communicate well.
- Great with details & lists.
- Passionate for developing worship leaders, musicians, vocalists.
- Willingness to lead with a professional and positive team spirit that supports the core values of Manheim BIC and other church ministries.
- Ability to remain calm in tough situations and critically evaluate positive solutions.
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Brethren in Christ denomination.
- All required FBI, State Police, and child abuse clearances must be completed before work begins.
The MBIC Worship Director oversees this role.
Send Resume & Cover Letter to:
Dustin Sauder, Executive Pastor
Manheim BIC Church
54 N. Penryn Rd.
Manheim PA 17543 Dustin @manheimbic.org