Employment: Full-time (40+ hours/week) | Department: Shared Services | Supervisor: Director of Shared Services | Supervises: None | FLSA status: Exempt
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating events and various leadership group meetings, conducting year end congregational reporting, assists the Director of Shared Services in caring for various information technology needs, and managing the Customer Relationship Management database.
The Administrative Coordinator is a ministry position within the Shared Services department of the Brethren in Christ U.S. The position reports to the Director of Shared Services and will be an integral contributor to and member of the shared services team, participating in functional strategic projects.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A vital and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for the Brethren in Christ U.S.
- An understanding and acceptance of the BIC U.S. core values
- Associates degree or related work experience equivalent
- Collaboration Skills – A heart for ministry and a commitment to serve others
- Personal Credibility – Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Personal Effectiveness – Self-motivated and able to work independently and unsupervised
- Technical Capacity – Proficiency with the application of information technology in an administrative setting including use of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database, Outlook, MS Office suite
- Event Management – experience with planning and managing events from start to finish
- Communication Proficiency – Effective oral and written communication abilities
- Time Management – Able to organize and administrate simultaneous projects
- Spanish Language Skills preferred but not required
- Stress Management/Composure – Skilled in keeping a healthy work/life balance
- Plan and coordinate events such as General Assembly, BIC U.S. Leaders Orientation, and meetings of General Conference Board, Leadership Council, and BIC Foundation Board of Directors
- Prepare agenda, record and distribute minutes for General Conference Board and Leadership Council meetings
- Record and distribute minutes for BIC Foundation Board of Directors’ meetings
- Conduct and manage year end congregational reporting process using online reporting tools
- Assist in coordinating informational technology (IT) support for BIC U.S. and BIC Foundation staff.
- Serve as the primary contact for IT service provider
- Assist the Director of Shared Services with updates of operation specific software
- Assist the Director of Shared Services with purchasing computer accessories and peripherals
- Coordinate training on various workstation programs
- Manage online event registration platform
- Oversee CRM database management
- Conduct training for new employees on the use of CRM database
- Edit and update CRM database information along with others trained in doing so
- Manage process for updating and migrating data between CRM database and external web-based services
- Coordinate with BIC Foundation staff to communicate any changes/additions to CRM database
- Monitor various organizational email accounts and respond to emails as needed
- Provide administrative support and clerical functions for activities as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
Physical Demands of the Work Environment
This job operates primarily in a church office environment and requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and routinely operating standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multi-function copiers, and filing cabinets. This position requires mobility within the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The role of Administrative Coordinator may occasionally also involve travel and requires the ability to move outside the office and the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the Administrative Coordinator is recurrently to remain in a stationary position, handle or control objects, reach and stoop; communicate, discern and discuss within both public and private contexts. Employee may be requested to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision (such as needed in viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified persons with disabilities.
This is a full-time position. The expected days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with an hour for lunch. Please note that this job description is flexible in terms of emphasis and particular assignments. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and employee
To apply, send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.