Employment: Independent Contractor (approx. 32 hours/month) | Department: National Church| Supervisor: Alan Robinson | Supervises: None
The Director of Awaken BIC will work to further the mission of the Awaken BIC Network which is committed to helping raise up women to serve at all levels of church life and leadership, in accordance with the BIC Manual of Doctrine and Government and Project 250 (Goal #5).
Qualifications & Competencies
- A member of a Brethren in Christ Church
- Possesses knowledge and experience related to the work of pastors and other women in ministry, with at least two years pastoral experience
- Possesses a good understanding of Brethren in Christ theology
- Ordained or pursuing ordination with the BIC U.S.
- Possesses strong relational and communication skills
- Ability and experience creating teams and casting vision
- Ability in administration, committed to and capable of collaborative leadership
- Ability to hear and assimilate layers of communication from various church contexts
- Familiar with, and committed to, the use of Information Technology
- Preferred bilingual skills (Spanish/English)
- Will provide leadership for the Awaken Team U.S. May include but not limited to planning and hosting regular meetings, recruiting team members, casting vision, and developing teams.
- Will pursue and facilitate conversations about women in ministry with national church leaders, bishops, pastors, and potential ministers.
- Will explore, encourage, and implement development, training, and equipping for women in ministry with particular emphasis on mentorships and BIC credentialing.
- Will facilitate networking for BIC women across the U.S. May include but not limited to regional partnerships and activities, virtual gatherings, and social media presence.
For questions and application, contact: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Saturday, April 30