Manor Church is seeking a high capacity, talented, enthusiastic, and energetic individual to serve as the Director of Weekday Preschool. This is a part-time position, averaging 20 hours per week during the school year with summer hours as necessary to prepare for the coming year. This position is dedicated to the leadership and administrative operations of an existing and robust preschool program, and it is integral to our mission.
At Manor Church, we are passionate about Jesus’ life, love, and work flowing through our lives, love, and work. We value loving God, loving others, sharing the Good News, and doing good. This permeates all of our ministries including our preschool program.
The person serving in this position will be part of the Manor Church leadership team and will participate in regular staff meetings and other staff events. The candidate should be experienced in the field of early childhood development and leadership. The director’s responsibilities include recruitment of staff, marketing and communication, financial management, and communication with stakeholders.
To be successful as a preschool director, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a love for children. You should uphold the vision of the church and the preschool with pride and ensure that the preschool meets the relevant standards set by the state. The director will determine the needs of the preschool, protect the health and safety of children, work closely with the staff, and report to the Executive Pastor.
This position requires active involvement in the ministry of Manor Church. (Now or with accepting the position). To learn more, please read the job description and prayerfully consider your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Preschool Director is responsible for:
- Overseeing the daily operation of the preschool
- Managing a staff of teachers and aides in collaboration with the Executive Pastor
- Ensuring a strong curriculum is being used across all classes within the spirit and teachings of the Christian faith
- Managing the preschool website and social media platforms in a way that is consistent with the mission of the church
- Creating budgets and managing preschool financial transactions including fundraisers
- Planning and executing of staff training and safety protocols including CPR, First Aid, and background clearances
- Ensuring good stewardship of resources including care for the space used by the preschool
- Being actively involved in the Manor Church leadership team
Skills and Qualifications
- Evidence of a flourishing relationship with Jesus and commitment to His church
- A Bachelor’s degree in early childhood development
- Three+ years’ experience in classroom leadership or related fields
- Proficiency in administrative and computer skills with the desire to learn new programs
- Great communication and people skills with a love for children
- No criminal record or child-related offenses
- Actively involved in the ministry of Manor Church (Now or with accepting the position)
Benefits include a competitive salary, paid time off, flexible scheduling, and opportunities for professional development.
To apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know what excites you about joining our team after reading this job description. We can’t wait to hear from you!