Mission Statement: To be like Christ in all relationships to facilitate a closer connection to God, self, others and nature.
Purpose: To provide broad strategic leadership of Kenbrook Bible Camp in all facets of its ministry.
Responsible to: The Kenbrook Board of Directors
Essential Qualities and Characteristics:
- A devoted follower of Jesus Christ who exudes that faith in his/her life and leadership.
- A person respected by others for his/her integrity and character.
- Deeply committed to the spiritual and relational value of camp and retreat ministry.
- Flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of camp and retreat operations, while maintaining appropriate boundaries for self-care.
- Understanding of the Christian church as the body of Christ which transcends denominations, nations, cultures, and all temporal affiliations.
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of the history and heritage of Kenbrook as he/she leads into the future.
- Supportive of the core values and doctrine of the Brethren in Christ Church and willing to lead Kenbrook accordingly.
- Committed to maintaining a strong connection between Kenbrook and the Atlantic Conference of the Brethren in Christ Church and its individual congregations.
- Prior leadership related experience required; Bachelor’s degree and past camp/retreat experience preferred.
Vision Setting and Organizational Leadership:
- Lead the continuing development of the overall vision and direction of Kenbrook Bible Camp, in concert with the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, its subcommittees, and its individual members.
- Facilitate positive communication and relationships of the camp with donors, churches, alumni, and the community.
- Provide for effective and fruitful fundraising among individuals, churches, businesses and other funders through individual contacts, fundraising events, and other marketing efforts. It is expected that this will traditionally represent 50% of the role.
- Develop and oversee an effective marketing plan of Kenbrook’s various programs and services to the churches of the Atlantic Conference of the Brethren in Christ Church, other local churches, and the general community.
- As far as it depends on Kenbrook and its staff, ensure a positive experience for all of Kenbrook’s guests.
- Ensure the growth and development of a high-quality youth summer camp and year-round retreat programming for all ages.
- Provide supervision and leadership of: Guest Services Director, Food Service Director, Maintenance Director, Youth Program Director, Housekeeping Director, Bookkeeper, and Office Assistant.
- Provide for the hiring, support, evaluation, and firing of staff in order to provide a dynamic team of committed, encouraged, united, and positive people who understand and support the mission and ministry of Kenbrook.
- Oversee operational management and administration of the camp, including formulation of policies and procedures.
- Provide for the stewardship of Kenbrook’s natural resources and maintenance of its buildings and infrastructure.
- Financial management, including development and oversight of the annual budget
** Note: This position description does not state or imply that the duties enumerated here are the only duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to or expected of this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties necessary to fulfill the mission/vision of the ministry. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.