The Board of Directors invites persons to explore serving as the next Executive Director of Paxton Ministries in Harrisburg, Pa. The Board is seeking an executive to provide leadership and oversight with an emphasis on networking in the community to further relationships that enhance our ability to achieve our mission.
Paxton Ministries is a Christian, non-profit community of homes serving adults who may be challenged with poverty, mental illness, and/or intellectual disabilities. For 40 years, Paxton Ministries has been dedicated to serving their residents and the community through their mission: To provide affordable housing and support services to adults in need with Christ-like love. Paxton Ministries operates a licensed personal care home with 85 residents and three community living facilities for 16 residents. Paxton partnered with several other organizations to provide a 37-unit affordable housing apartment building adjacent to the main facility. In addition, Paxton Ministries is the sole owner of a for-profit subsidiary, Paxton Cleaning Solutions.
The Paxton Ministries Board of Directors seeks a person to serve as the Executive Director to be responsible for providing overall leadership, direction and management while achieving the mission of Paxton Ministries. The successful candidate must have a strong Christian faith, have strong communication and decision-making skills and possess the ability to lead and inspire others.
Key qualities and skills are:
- Commitment to a deep culture of care, compassion, and faith-based values and seeks to follow Christ in their work and life
- Demonstrated servant leadership style that advances others and the organization
- Success in developing and leading a strong senior team
- Knowledge of behavioral and mental health services, chronic mental illness, aging, and associated medical issues with experience in health care and finance
- Ability to define, preserve, articulate, and model the organization’s mission and core values
- Exceptional relationship management skills with proven success working with a Board of Directors, current and prospective donors, and the ability to cultivate new and existing relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively with community agencies, advocacy, education, and economic and community development
- Experience in working in a diverse community
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference to Social Work, Behavioral Health, Business, Health Administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 7 to 10 years of senior management experience at a health care organization or related field with preferred experience in a health care setting or long term care setting.
- Obtain and maintain a Pennsylvania Personal Care Home Administrator license and demonstrate knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
Interested persons are invited to send cover letters and resumes to MHS Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
Thank you in advance for your interest and consideration of this outstanding opportunity with Paxton Ministries.