Who We Are Looking For
The Meeting House is searching for an Executive Pastor who will integrate all major functions of the church to ensure that everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Specifically, the Executive Pastor…
- Leads, manages, and holds the senior leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
- Delivers excellence in achieving ministry goals, strategic planning, P&L ownership, setting staff culture, developing and coaching staff, and developing and implementing processes to ensure operational efficiency.
- Resolves issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the senior leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
- Ensures that the church’s core processes and operating system are adhered to with consistency. Demonstrates effective project management skills.
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
- Effectively collaborates with the Senior Pastor and stays on the same page. Realizes the unique contributions and ideas that the Senior Pastor has and possesses an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the church.
- Confirms that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensures that everyone is in the know. Verifies that a high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization.
Who We Are
The Meeting House is a dynamic, staff-led, multisite church that is focused on making the gospel accessible to people who are not following Jesus. We put our energy and our passion into evangelism, discipleship, and leadership development in order that we might create environments where people can find life by following Jesus. Our vision is that we would be a church that unchurched people love to attend.
We are a part of the Brethren in Christ, an Anabaptist denomination. We endeavor to live out the radical, countercultural teachings of Jesus as set forth in Scripture and especially embrace the lifestyle prescribed in the Sermon on the Mount. This approach leads us to embrace our Core Four values: 1) Worship Jesus 2) Grow Together 3) Love Generously and 4) Make Disciples.
A congregation that has existed for over 100 years, The Meeting House has seen significant growth in the last decade and now reaches over 1,600 adults, children, and youth each Sunday. We currently have 6 Sunday gatherings meeting in 3 venues on 2 campuses. Our Circle Groups meet throughout the week to wrestle with Scripture and the content of our sermons. At The Meeting House we believe that sermons are talks that start talks; they are the beginning of the conversation and not the end. Circles provide the space to continue the dialogue, and they make a large church feel smaller. We are committed to embracing community as part of the discipleship process.
Where We Are Located
Carlisle is one of Pennsylvania’s most treasured historic communities. Located in picturesque south-central Pennsylvania, Carlisle’s history is rich. Strolling through historic downtown, one is greeted by unique architecture, quaint shops, and award-winning restaurants (seriously — our food is awesome). Our community is flavored by the presence of Dickinson College, Dickinson School of Law of Penn State University, and the U.S. Army War College known throughout the United States and abroad for their respective curriculum.
Carlisle’s cultural environment is a diverse mix typified by its downtown theater, historic sites, and multicultural events. Our location within the Cumberland Valley provides numerous recreational opportunities: biking, hiking, kayaking, hunting/fishing, boating, and snow skiing. We are a 2- to 3-hour drive from some of the largest and most culturally diverse cities in the U.S. — New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Pittsburgh. In 2010 Forbes named the Carlisle/Harrisburg area as the second best place to raise a family in the United States and in 2015 Livability.com ranked Carlisle as the 16th best small town in the U.S.
To view a full job description and apply for this position, visit our website: http://tmh.church/jobs