Purpose: To assist the Food Service Director, and when scheduled, to operate the kitchen as the Food Service Director would in their absence, overseeing kitchen staff, and guaranteeing high quality food for and service toward each guest.
The Kenbrook staff is a team, working together to serve the Lord by providing space, atmosphere, and care for our guests and campers. Having the awareness of our staff and guests is priority as we seek to provide excellent service and ultimately serve the Lord.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Kenbrook
- Teachable, team-player, positive attitude, servant heart, responsible, industrious, hospitable, and clear communication
- Necessary skills: cooking and food preparation, food quality and presentation, cleanliness and orderliness, clear communication and direction between and for staff and guests
- A love for taking care of guests through providing wholesome, satisfying food
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurable under Kenbrook’s auto insurance policy
- Serve Safe Certification or willingness to obtain, along with any other pertinent certification required by the law or recommended by the Food Service Director
- A minimum of 5 years of kitchen operation, including but not limited to cooking, serving guests, directing staff, making menus, and opening and closing the kitchen
- Assist the Food Service Director in preparing meals for our guests
- Act as the Food Service Director in their absence, executing the menu for each meal, directing any necessary staff, and responding to guest needs and or requests
- Be available for between 20-30 hours a week, when we have guests in and scheduled for groups that warrant the necessity of additional leadership in the kitchen. This is the equivalent of 2-3 weekends per month or a combination of weekends and weekdays, to be determined by employer and employee
- Be able to lift between 10 and 50 pounds
- Be able and willing to conduct any necessary task in the kitchen from set-up, to food-prep, to clean-up
- Bring your experience and skill-set to bear on Kenbrook’s operations for the purpose of seeking to improve what we offer our guests
Pay Scale and Timing
- The pay starts at $11.00/hour, with the potential for increased wage based on experience
- The timing is to begin immediately and to be under review during and at the probationary period of 90 days
Note: This position description does not state or imply that the duties enumerated here are the only duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to or expected of this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Responsible to: Food Service Director
Supervisor of: Food service staff and guest services staff (hosts) only as it pertains to directives with food serve out, food quantity, and food options for guests