West Side Brethren in Christ Church is a Bible-believing congregation whose purpose is to help people come to know God personally and develop into mature followers of Jesus Christ.
The specific mission of the youth program is to provide opportunities, experiences, relationships, and Biblical instruction for youth (age 12-18) at West Side and the surrounding community to “grow in the knowledge of God, so that they may live a life worthy of the Lord and pleasing to Him in every way while bearing fruit in every good work,” Col 1: 9,10.
We are in search of a dynamic, spirit-filled person who has exceptional people skills, easily relates to youth and adults, is interested in building relationships with youth, and administering the current youth activities with a vision for expanding church influence to youth in the adjacent communities.
The candidate should be able to:
- Create an environment to build trust and relationships among youth, their advisors, and the church body in general
- Foster opportunities for discussion of real-life situations in the teen years including self-identity and family and social relationships
- Emphasize biblical solutions to real life problems
- Challenge youth to grow spiritually
- Plan social events for enjoyment and building relationships
- Prepare youth to become church leaders
- Encourage opportunities for participation in local, regional, and international mission projects
- Incorporate youth into the general life of the church
The youth pastor will be responsible for development and directing all youth activities, the Wednesday evening youth meeting as well as overseeing the after-school youth program which currently is in development. A strong commitment to outreach and growth is essential.
The individual will be interviewed by the Sr. Pastor and the Youth Pastor Search Committee. He/she is expected to become a member of the West Side Church. He/she will be accountable to the Church Board through the Sr. Pastor, attend but not vote at Church Board meetings, and meet with the Sr. Pastor on a regular basis.
Experience in youth ministry is expected. College or Bible college degree or courses are an added benefit but not required. Dynamic personality with a heart for youth is mandatory.
This is a full-time position. Salary is competitive based on experience, education, and training. Housing allowance, medical insurance, and educational expenses will be provided.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.