Employment: Full-time (40 hours/week) Temporary (25 months) | Department: Brethren in Christ U.S. World Missions | Supervisor: Director of World Missions | FLSA status: Exempt
The Global Finance Coordinator will provide financial accountability in various regions of the world where BIC U.S. World Missions lacks Financial Secretaries, help to build financial management capacity within BIC conferences around the world, manage the complexities of sending financial resources internationally, and provide support for developing initiatives of BIC U.S. World Missions.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A vital and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for the Brethren in Christ U.S.
- A heart for ministry and serving others
- Growing commitment to the Great Commission
- An understanding and acceptance of the BIC U.S. core values
- Understanding of the principles used in training and equipping international leaders to support the growth of BIC Conferences around the world
- Experience serving in a cross-cultural context is preferred
- Personal Credibility – Ability to maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility – Self-motivation and an ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Communication Proficiency – Effective oral and written communication skills in English (required)
- Collaboration Skills – Strong interpersonal skills
- Technical Capacity – Proficiency with the application of information technology in an administrative setting, including use of social media, Constant Contact, Shelby database, email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organizational Skills – Experience in organizing and administrating simultaneous projects
- Manage country budgets (Leadership Training, Evangelism and Church Planting) for various regions
- Maintain accounting records (Quickbooks) for various country accounts
- Build international grant reporting tool including success measurements
- Manage the Partnership Handbook record keeping and reporting
- Assist with international wires
- Assist with financial reporting for BIC U.S. including some regional conferences, and IBICA
- Assist with financial management capacity building as part of healthy relationship with international partners; this will include periodic international travel
- Represent BIC World Missions at various events. This would include being available to speak at BIC U.S. congregations.
- Collaborate on international program evaluation and development. (e.g., helping to evaluate the ministry of SPICE in light of present best practice regarding child sponsorship programs).
- Participate in appropriate responses to crisis that develop within our international ministry.
- Help to evaluate the ongoing strategic plans that guide our world mission ministry.
- Assist with the accomplishment of BIC U.S. Project 250 objectives related to global ministry
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
Physical Demands of the Work Environment
This job operates primarily in a church office environment and requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and routinely operating standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multi-function copiers, and filing cabinets. This position requires mobility within the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. This role also involves domestic and international travel and requires the ability to move outside the office and the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the Global Finance Coordinator is recurrently to remain in a stationary position, handle or control objects, reach and stoop; communicate, discern and discuss within both public and private contexts. Employee may be requested to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision (such as needed in viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified persons with disabilities.
This is a full-time position. The expected days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with an hour for lunch. Please note that this job description is flexible in terms of emphasis and particular assignments. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and employee
As an employee of BIC U.S. the Global Finance Coordinator is expected to adhere to the Statements of Christian Life and Practice (pp. 19–21, 2020 Manual of Doctrine and Government), and the Brethren in Christ U.S. Employee Handbook.
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.