This role will work 42.5 hours per week leading our Remix (7th & 8th) and 56er’s (5th & 6th) Ministries in our church mission: “to initiate and nurture a growing relationship with Christ.” This role is stated as a director position, but we would also invite those with a pastoral license, in the process of pastoral license, or planning to begin the process.
In the Manheim Central School District, 5th-8th graders are considered Middle School Students. The position will provide innovative and effective leadership over the development and implementation of all aspects of ministries serving middle school students, as well as their families. This director position will be part of our youth ministry team. There is coaching and mentoring set up for this role to succeed, as well as additional administration assistance.
This growing ministry often involves 200 students between Sunday morning and Wednesday evening and 30+ volunteers per week. The plan moving forward is for volunteers to travel with students over their four years of middle school.
- Lead two Sunday AM classes, 5-6th grade and 7-8th grade, 60 min
- Lead large group and small group Wednesday night programming 5-8th grade, 90 min
- Recruit, manage, develop, and direct a team of volunteers
- Schedule and communicate with volunteers
- Develop and/or deploy Jesus-centered curriculum that meaningfully engages youth in age-appropriate formats
- Prepare supplies and spaces for volunteers and students
- Connect with students, teachers, administration in the local middle school. Includes visits with students in the cafeteria at lunch and attending school activities
- Develop strategies to reach out to and care for students’ families
- Willing to help volunteers and students navigate areas of conflict and differences in positive ways that promote unity and cooperation
- Provide welcoming follow-up with visiting families and youth
- Lead and develop our “high school student leaders” on the middle school leadership team
- Co-lead milkshake week alongside the youth team (annual fundraising event)
- Serve as the point person on the staff for managing and leading all middle school youth events, retreats, and other activities. Current retreats and trips are as follows:
- April: 5-6th at Camp Andrews
- October: 7-8th grade at Camp Yolijwa
- April: 8th Graders at Camp Conquest
- January: high school student leader retreat
- Late July: week long missions trip
- EQUIPPING LEADERS AND VOLUNTEERS by recruiting, coaching, and nurturing ministry leaders who carry out the mission of our youth ministries.
- Lead a monthly training and connection meeting for ministry volunteers
- Create and implement new vision and strategies
- Ensure safety and security of all youth while participating in MBIC activities
- Ensuring all volunteers meet current PA background clearance requirements
- Oversee annual Middle School Ministries budget
- Meet regularly with MBIC’s High School Pastor and Family Life Pastor
- Provide monthly board report for Leadership meeting
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christ and spiritual maturity (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1)
- Leadership experience in youth ministry
- A bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study is preferred
- Ability to work ahead, plan, organize, delegate, and communicate well
- Great with details and lists
- Passionate for developing programming that facilitates the faith development of youth and their families
- Willingness to lead with a professional and positive team spirit that supports the core values of Manheim BIC and other church ministries
- Ability to remain calm in tough situations and critically evaluate positive solutions
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Brethren in Christ denomination
- All required FBI, State Police, and child abuse clearances must be completed before work begins
Reporting Relationships: the MBIC High School Youth Pastor oversees the Middle School Youth Director. The MBIC Family Life Pastor oversees the Youth Staff Team.
Deadline for Applications: June 15, 2021
Start Date: August 1, 2021
Full-time positions include competitive wages alongside benefits such as health care insurance, Health Savings Accounts, employer sponsored retirement savings, paid time off (start at 3 weeks), educational funding, and an additional week annually for outside ministry opportunities. Salary will be based on experience and education.
Send Resume & Cover Letter to:
Dustin Sauder, Executive Pastor
Manheim BIC Church
54 N. Penryn Rd.
Manheim PA 17543