New Guilford BIC is looking for someone with a passion for children, and the ability to recruit, train, and encourage team members, to serve as Children’s Ministry Director in a part-time (18 to 20 hours per week) capacity. This would be a great opportunity for someone who already has a part-time or full-time job but feels called to ministry and would like experience. Please send resumes to Pastor Lawton Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org) or New Guilford BIC Church (1575 Mont Alto Rd, Chambersburg, PA 17202) by April 2.
To oversee and coordinate the children’s ministries of the church. He/she will be part of a leadership team that will pursue New Guilford BIC’s vision of “Building and nurturing relationships with God and others, worshipping God in everyday life, and serving the community in Jesus’ name.”
- Stable and solid spirit-filled life
The Director of Children’s Ministries shall be a person of exemplary character and commitment whose life is in accord with his/her calling.
- Training/experience in children’s ministries
- Works well with people
- Reasonable administrative ability
- Heart for children’s ministry
- Eagerness to recruit and involve people (a go-getter)
- Readiness to function as a team player
- Commitment to outreach and growth
- Ability to develop others (teaching and training)
The Director of Children’s Ministries shall:
- Be a member of the church
- Be accountable to the senior pastor
- Meet with the senior pastor on a regular basis
- Enjoy and maintain consistent fellowship with the Lord
- Oversee the administration of all children’s ministries
- Project a vision and goals and develop a coordinated ministry for children (ages infant through grade 5) which orients them to the Christian walk
- Chair the children’s ministry board
- Train and recruit leaders and teachers who can work with children according to their gifts and interest
- Recognize and affirm the many dedicated persons who work in the children’s department
- Promote children’s ministries within the church and community: VBS, Kid’s Club, Family Fun Night, and other events
- Provide opportunities for service and outreach for children
- Oversee the administration of pastoral care given to children
- Plan inter-generational programs and activities
- Anticipate financial needs for the children’s department in the coming year and present a budget request to the Board of Stewardship
- Ensure the safety of children and volunteers by keeping clearances up to date, enforcing appropriate safety measures, and providing proper training in this area
Appointment shall be made by the senior pastor after consultation with the church board. The initial term of service shall be for one year. Further terms shall be possible when jointly agreed upon by the senior pastor, the church board, and the Director of Children’s Ministries.
The salary and benefit arrangements shall be reviewed and recommended by the church board on an annual basis. A written agreement shall be forthcoming. This shall state the particular provisions, the pertinent expectations, and the vacation allowance.