The Family Ministry Director will provide strategic oversight and leadership to all of Hope Born in Christ Church’s (HBIC) connection points with children, youth, and their families during the Sunday School hour, the worship service, and through mid-week opportunities. The primary objective will be to lead teams to create safe spaces for students and families to grow in their relationship with Jesus and invite others to join them on their journey.
- Work directly with our team of ministry leaders to oversee all areas of children and youth ministry ranging from nursery, Sunday School classes, Children’s Worship (preschool-early elementary program), Overflow (older elementary program), and Youth ministry
- Ensure that all volunteers working with children have proper background checks and clearances in line with Pennsylvania state regulations
- Provide enrichment opportunities for ministry leaders to maximize impact as they serve
- Confirm each ministry is properly staffed with volunteers (by the lead ministry volunteer when applicable) and step in where needed
- Oversee and disperse curriculum for Children’s Worship and provide guidance when needed in selecting curriculum for all ministry areas
- Network with parents and families
- Provide at least one event per month designed for a specific age range or family interaction; this will include both holiday seasons and non-holiday season events. (ex. Youth outing one month, Overflow movie night one month, family game night, etc)
- Adaptively develop a youth ministry program over the next several years from our elementary group
- Attend at least two worship services each month when not serving in one of the children’s ministry areas in order to foster a greater connection with the HBIC church family at large
- Meet with pastor weekly or bi-weekly
- When possible, network with other Family Ministry Directors both through the Brethren in Christ “Cluster” system as well as with other interdenominational groups locally
- Pursue continuing education opportunities to enhance your ministry through college courses, seminars, enrichment days, etc; these costs will be covered, within reason, by the church as an investment in both the individual and the ministry of HBIC
- Work with HBIC’s Leadership and Staff towards the common mission of the church
Average weekly time: 20-24 hours
Ministry is fluid and time obligations change week to week and season to season. With that in mind, the Family Ministry Director should expect to commit to the following times on a “normal” week:
- Sunday Mornings – 3.5 hours (8:30-12:00)
- Weekdays/Office Hours – standardized schedule TBD, approx. 15 hours
- Nights/Weekend Hours – 3 hours
The ideal candidate will have (or be pursuing) a Bachelor’s Degree in youth ministry, children’s ministry, or another related field. Candidates with extensive volunteer experience in children’s and/or youth ministry will also be considered. Candidates must also have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior and feel called to serve His church in ministry. We desire to have someone who is truly passionate about Jesus and leading and mentoring the next generation. While this is only a part-time position, we will do everything within our ability to support the Family Ministry Director and, assuming ministry growth and increased need for hours, desire to one day transition this position to a ¾ time or full time position.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to HBICjobs@gmail.com.