Manheim BIC Church (MBIC) is seeking a Part-Time Middle School Ministries Assistant Director. This role will work 20 hours per week assisting in leading our Middle School Ministries (5th-8th) in our church mission: “to initiate and nurture a growing relationship with Christ.”
In the Manheim Central School District, 5th-8th graders are considered Middle School Students. The position will assist in providing innovative and effective leadership over the development and implementation of all aspects of ministries serving middle school students and their families. This position will be part of our youth ministry team.
This growing ministry often involves 200 students between Sunday morning and Wednesday evening and 50+ volunteers per week.
- Lead the creative team for Wednesday night ministry – work alongside our volunteers to lead creative elements for Wednesday night gatherings; includes but not limited to upfront games, announcements, slides, first time guest and welcome; oversee social media
- Assist in leading year-round weekly programming – includes two Sunday AM classes (5-6th grade and 7-8th grade, 60 min. each) and Wednesday night program with large group and small group for 5-8th grade
- Assist in recruiting, managing, developing, and directing a team of volunteers
- Assist in developing and/or deploying Jesus-centered curriculum that meaningfully engages youth in age-appropriate formats
- Prepare supplies and spaces for volunteers and students on a weekly basis
- Assist in developing strategies to reach out to and care for students’ families.
- Willing to assist volunteers and students navigate areas of conflict and differences in positive ways that promote unity and cooperation
- Assist with milkshake week alongside the youth team (annual fundraising event)
- Assist the point person on the staff for managing and leading all middle school ministries youth events, retreats, and other activities; current retreats and trips are as follows:
- Retreat for 5th & 6th grade at Gretna Glenn in Spring
- Retreat 7-8th grade at Camp Yolijwa in Fall
- 8th Graders retreat at Camp Conquest in April
- High school student leader retreat in January
- Week-long missions trip in Late July
- Two local serve days (Spring & Fall)
- Two winter Lock-ins
- Assist in equipping leaders and volunteers by recruiting, coaching, and nurturing ministry leaders who carry out the mission of our youth ministries
- Assist in leading a monthly training and connection meeting for ministry volunteers
- Assist in creating and implementing new vision and strategies
- Ensure safety and security of all youth while participating in MBIC activities
- Assist in ensuring all volunteers meet current PA background clearance requirements
- Meet regularly with MBIC’s middle school director and family life pastor
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christ and spiritual maturity (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1)
- Leadership experience in youth ministry
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study is preferred
- Ability to work ahead, plan, organize, delegate, and communicate well
- Great with details and lists
- Passionate about developing programming that facilitates the faith development of youth and their families
- Willingness to lead with a professional and positive team spirit that supports the core values of Manheim BIC and other church ministries
- Ability to remain calm in tough situations and critically evaluate positive solutions
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Brethren in Christ denomination
- All required FBI, State Police, and child abuse clearances must be completed before work begins
Reporting relationships: The MBIC Middle School Director oversees the Middle School Ministries Assistant Director as part of the Family Ministry staff. The MBIC Family Life Pastor oversees all Family Ministry Staff.
Send resume and cover letter to Corby Burkholder (Family Life Pastor) at 54 N. Penryn Rd., Manheim, PA 17543 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.