Role: This position exists to provide leadership to the children’s ministries of Lancaster Brethren in Christ Church.
Hours: This is a part-time salaried position of 15-20 hours/week including Sunday mornings.
- A mature and growing faith in Jesus and a passion and love for kids to grow and mature in Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in serving and/or leading children’s ministry.
- Exceptional leadership abilities including: good people skills, strong administrative capabilities, and high standards of excellence in ministry.
- The ability to communicate vision and help others own the ministry.
- Ability to equip and train volunteers to serve the children and families of LBIC.
- Actively engage in supporting the overall vision, mission, and ministry of LBIC (will require membership and attendance at LBIC).
- Develop and keep current a curriculum that serves nursery through elementary-age children.
- Oversee all aspects of supporting volunteers including recruitment, training, scheduling, and ongoing support.
- Ensure all volunteers are following policies and procedures outlined in the Safe Church project.
- Maintain an inviting, well organized, and properly supplied ministry environment.
- Provide primary point leadership to Sunday morning and any auxiliary children’s ministries.
- Engage with parents in supporting the discipleship of their children in the home.
- Communicate needs of children’s ministry through weekly/bi-weekly meetings with the pastor and reporting 4x/year to the Leadership Team.
- Consistently complete duties and responsibilities in a timely way.
- Maintain a positive relational stance on all fronts.
- Remain within the budgets associated with this position.
- Contribute to a positive and effective dynamic with the larger LBIC staff team.
- Consistently look to improve, expand, and innovate within the scope of this role.
Relationships: Pastor of Children’s Ministry reports directly to the senior pastor and is also accountable to the Leadership Team of Lancaster Brethren in Christ Church.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Pastor Joshua Nolt at firstname.lastname@example.org.