The primary purpose of the Youth Ministry Director is to introduce young people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and train them to serve Christ with their life. This ministry objective is pursued through ministry to and with youth, parents, guardians, volunteers, and the church community.
- The Youth Director shall be appointed by the Lead Pastor and approved by the Church Board and presented to the Congregational council for affirmation. The term of service shall be for three years. Annual review will be implemented.
- The Youth Director is accountable to the Lead Pastor in all areas of ministry.
- A born-again believer with a maturing relationship in Jesus Christ.
- A passion for Youth Ministry and a vision for the ministry of the whole church.
- An ability to work with and relate well with youth, adults, children, and families.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative abilities.
- Ability to prepare youth spiritually, emotionally, and mentally for life in the “real world” after high school.
- Awareness of the variety of youth issues and an ability to address these issues from a biblical perspective with teens and parents.
- An effective communicator to youth and parents.
- An intimate, ongoing walk with God.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee weekly youth ministry programming.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee ongoing discipleship with all youth.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee service/mission youth retreats.
- Facilitate the connection and commitment of youth to the larger church.
- Maintain consistent office hours; participate in staff meetings and church activities.
- Build relationships with youth and spend time on their turf.
- Ensure that volunteers are building relationships with youth.
- Train and equip volunteers to be effective in their various roles.
- Provide ministry reports for church leadership.
- Maintain youth ministries webpage(s) through the church office.
- Involve and participate with youth at camp and retreat events.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The salary and benefit arrangement shall be reviewed and recommended by the Church Board to Congregational Council on an annual basis. Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill set, and education.
If interested, please send your information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.