About the Church
Elizabethtown BIC (EBIC) is a multi-staff congregation with an average attendance of between 500-600 on Sunday mornings. The church offers active ministries to people of all age groups, including children, middle & high school students, young adults, and adults. Both evangelism and discipleship are important to the church, and it is affiliated with the BIC U.S. denomination.
Elizabethtown is a growing community of about 12,000 residents and is known as the home of Elizabethtown College and Mars/Wrigley, maker of Dove chocolate and M&Ms. Because of its proximity to Hershey, Harrisburg, and Lancaster, many people call Elizabethtown home and commute to these nearby cities. Elizabethtown is also within a couple hours travel of larger cities such as Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
- Are you someone with vision, energy, a vital relationship with Jesus, and a passion for ministry?
- Are you excited to reach kids for Christ?
- Do you have a commitment to disciple them and empower others to do the same?
- Does the mission to Love God, Share Christ, and Serve the World motivate you?
- Do you enjoy working with an energetic team, training leaders and casting vision?
If so, we would like to hear from you. Elizabethtown Brethren in Christ (EBIC) Church seeks an enthusiastic, multitasking leader with child-like faith for this ministry position.
About the Ministry
The EBIC Kidz Ministry (ages: birth to grade 3) consists of Sunday morning activities, including nursery, Sunday School, and KidzTime during our two identical worship services; Wednesday evening discipleship programs; and a Kids’ Playhouse pre-school ministry. In recent years these ministries have grown under solid, healthy, volunteer and staff leadership, and we look forward to the bright future before us. As part of the overall staff team there will be opportunities for the Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry to contribute to various other ministry areas as well, depending on the gifting and abilities of the individual hired.
Who Should Apply?
First and foremost, the successful candidate will have a vibrant faith and be someone who believes Jesus is the only way of salvation. While we will notice the type of college or seminary degree candidates may have, we are equally as interested in ministry strengths and abilities. Ministry experience is helpful, yet we are open to those in the early stages of ministry. Some key characteristics of the successful candidate will be that they:
- Enjoy relating with children from diverse backgrounds, and their parents/guardians.
- Have a “doing ministry through others” approach that focuses on mobilizing and equipping volunteers to serve and lead.
- Easily prioritize, organize, and manage details.
- Support the overall ministry of the church, bringing other strengths to the broader church ministry (such as outreach, discipleship, teaching, etc.) and a positive presence to the staff team.
- Affirm the core values of the Brethren in Christ U.S.
About the Position
The Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministry is a full-time position with salary and benefits (health insurance, continuing education & retirement).
Please forward a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Children’s Ministry Director Search
Some candidates who apply will be asked for further information. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.