Pequea Church is looking for a motivated leader to serve as our Pastor of Discipleship. This position will provide leadership and oversight to our adult ministries. This staff member will be key in implementing a discipleship process that engages individuals in spiritual growth opportunities, mutual care, and missional investment.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the discipleship, care, and mission ministries of Pequea Church
- Guide and expand the small group ministry of Pequea Church
- Lead and develop the care teams of Pequea Church
- Coordinate Pequea Church’s regional and global mission’s activities
- Create objective assessments of the church’s progress in disciple-making
- Work closely with volunteers in the discipleship, care, and mission ministries to develop and implement systems for producing growing, caring, and world-minded followers of Jesus
- Recruit, train, and support volunteer leaders, and team members in each of these three key ministry areas
- Build intentional relationships with team members, congregants, and the local community
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as needed
- Provide clear and regular communication with church staff and ministry team members
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
The Ideal Candidate Will Demonstrate the Following:
- A vibrant faith, knowledge of the Bible and a strong public discipleship
- A solid commitment to southern Lancaster County
- A passion for the spiritual growth, mutual care, and missional impact of Pequea Church
- The ability to work effectively, positively, and cooperatively as a member of a staff team
- An ability to teach effectively in small and large groups
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- The willingness to take risks
- A “whatever it takes” attitude
- The ability to interact enthusiastically, graciously, and responsibly with people of all ages
- A high commitment to the local church
- The ability to creatively develop and lead programs and events
- A teachable attitude, with a desire to grow in character, faith, and skills
- A working knowledge of adult development and current cultural trends
- Organizational and administrative skills
- The willingness to be a giving and connected member of Pequea Church
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity
- A bachelor’s degree in ministry or related field
- A commitment to continuing education
The Pastor of Discipleship position requires flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The position is full time and salaried based on forty (40) hours per week. The actual number of hours required during any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year.
Accountability and Supervision
The Pastor of Discipleship will be under the supervision of the Lead Pastor and accountable to the Church Board of Directors and the mission of Pequea Church.
This summary is not comprehensive but gives you a taste of what this position entails. Additional ministry opportunities and areas of responsibility will be considered based on the giftedness and capacity of the individual. If you would love to be part of a passionate, mission-driven team, this position might be for you!
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume package to email@example.com.