Employment: Part-time (20 hours/week) | Department: Regional | Supervisor: Bishop of the Susquehanna Conference | Supervises: None | FLSA status: Non-exempt
The Regional Administrative Assistant performs, facilitates, and oversees the primary administrative tasks needed to effectively serve the bishop, pastors, and congregations of the BIC U.S. Susquehanna Conference.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A vital and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for the Brethren in Christ U.S.
- An understanding and acceptance of the BIC U.S. core values
- Personal credibility – ability to maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Personal effectiveness – self-motivated and able to work independently and unsupervised
- Communication proficiency – effective oral and written communication abilities
- Administrative skills – effective in administration, project management, and organizational skills
- Technical capacity – proficiency with the application of information technology in an administrative setting, including use of Shelby database, e-mail, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Spanish language skills preferred but not required
- Time management – able to organize and administrate simultaneous projects
- Coordinate schedule and provide support for activities of the bishop as needed
- Provide effective advance preparation for the bishop’s appointments as needed
- Keep regional conference website current by providing updates to the person/vendor who manages the website
- Manage the regional conference e-mail account and process incoming calls to the regional office
- Coordinate regional conference mailings
- Maintain post office box for the regional conference
- Support the regional conference annual meeting, including preparation and facility arrangements, agenda distribution, attendance and coordination of meeting activities, administration and distribution and follow-up of minutes.
- Support regional conference board meetings, including preparation and facility arrangements, agenda distribution, attendance and coordination of meeting activities, administration and distribution, and follow-up of minutes.
- Compile monthly expense reports, pay bills, print and mail checks, deposit checks, submit conference expenses to the regional treasurer
- Work with the bishop in planning, promoting, and facilitating conference-wide events
- Assist the search process for new senior/lead pastors across the conference by processing information to/from candidates and the search committee
- Help with credentialing paperwork and scheduling of interviews
- Purchase office supplies and arrange for the maintenance of all office equipment (i.e. copier/printer, phone system, computer)
- Maintain office and church files
- Develop conference newsletters in consultation with the bishop
- Arrange for pastoral mid-term and end-of-term reviews in consultation with the bishop
- Prepare work agreements for pastors
- Prepare, distribute, and compile year-end congregational reports, as directed by the General Church Office and in consultation with the bishop
- Update information in Shelby database regarding conference churches
- Other duties as assigned by the bishop
- Other duties as requested by the General Church Office
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
Physical Demands of the Work Environment
This job operates in a church office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The role of the Susquehanna Conference Regional Administrative Assistant may occasionally also involve travel and require the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the Regional Administrative Assistant is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk and hear. Employee may be requested to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision (such as needed in viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a part-time position. Please note that this job description is flexible in terms of emphasis and particular assignments. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and employee
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.