The Remix Director will work 42.5 hours per week leading our Remix Ministries (7th and 8th grade) in our church mission: “to initiate and nurture a growing relationship with Christ.”
The position will provide innovative and effective leadership over the development and implementation of all aspects of 7th to 8th grade ministry serving youth, as well as their families. This director position will be part of our youth ministry team. The other roles on this team serve our two other youth ministry areas: 5th to 6th grades and 9th to 12th grades. In addition, they’re an administrative assistant for youth ministry.
This growing ministry often involves 65 youth between Sunday morning and Wednesday evening and 15+ volunteers per week.
Sunday and Wednesday Programming (one 60-minute Sunday service + 90-minute Wednesday night youth program)
- Recruit, manage, develop, and direct a team of volunteers.
- Schedule and communicate with volunteers.
- Develop and/or deploy Jesus-centered curriculum that meaningfully engages youth in age-appropriate formats.
- Prepare supplies and spaces for volunteers and students.
- Serve as the point person on the staff for managing and leading all 7th to 8th grade youth events, retreats, and other activities outside our normal worship services.
- Develop strategies to reach families and provide positive transitions in cooperation with other MBIC family and youth ministries.
- Willing to assist volunteers and students navigate areas of conflict and differences in positive ways that promote unity and cooperation.
- Provide welcoming follow-up with visiting families and youth.
- Lead and develop our “Student Leaders Team.”
- Remix Director will be the primary Youth Ministry Staff on site for Wednesday evening. Providing extra support for 56ers youth ministry.
- Remix Director will work in cooperation with 56ers ministry to develop and facilitate seamless middle school (5th-8th) experience.
- Connect with students, teachers, administration in local middle school. Includes visits with students in the cafeteria at lunch and attending school activities.
- Co-lead Milkshake week alongside Lead Youth Pastor, annual fundraising event.
– Equipping leaders and volunteers by recruiting, coaching, and nurturing
ministry leaders who carry out the mission of our youth ministries.
– Lead a monthly “Remix Ministry Team” meeting for ministry volunteers.
– Create and implement new vision and strategies.
– Ensure safety and security of all youth while participating in MBIC activities.
– Ensuring all volunteers meet current PA background clearance requirements.
– Oversee annual Remix Ministries budget.
– Meet regularly with Lead Youth Pastor.
– Provide monthly board report for Leadership meeting.
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christ and spiritual maturity (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1).
- Leadership experience in youth ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study is preferred.
- Ability to work ahead, plan, organize, delegate, and communicate well.
- Great with details and lists.
- Passionate for developing programming that facilitates the faith development of youth and their families.
- Willingness to lead with a professional and positive team spirit that supports the core values of Manheim BIC and other church ministries.
- Ability to remain calm in tough situations and critically evaluate positive solutions.
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Brethren in Christ denomination.
- All required FBI, state police, and child abuse clearances must be completed before work begins.
The MBIC Lead Youth Pastor oversees Remix Ministries.
Full-time positions include additional benefits such as health care insurance, pension, paid time off, and educational funding. Salary will be based on experience and education.
Send Resume & Cover Letter to: Dustin Sauder, Executive PastorManheim BIC Church 54 N. Penryn Rd. Manheim PA 17543 Dustin@manheimbic.org