Bunker Hill Brethren in Christ Church provides a place for people to know God and develop a deep personal relationship with him, to become rooted and grounded in the Word of God, and to become dedicated servants of Jesus Christ. We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired, authoritative, and reliable Word of God (2 Timothy 2:16). We espouse the Brethren in Christ U.S. (BIC U.S.) Articles of Faith and Doctrine.
Located just south of Martinsburg, WV, the church was established in 1993 as a church plant by Pastor Raymond and Sarah Martin. The church has grown to 150 members with an average attendance of 94 on Sunday morning. We are a community church known for power in prayer and have many community outreach programs to help others in need.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to lead us into our next phase of church growth. The pastor needs to nurture the present congregation with solid biblical teaching, preaching, and spiritual counseling. The candidate should have strong communication skills. We desire the pastor to have strong leadership ability and to help mold a vision for expansion of the gospel in our local community.
Licensure and ordination with the BIC U.S. denomination is strongly preferred. Candidate must be willing to submit themselves to this process if they do not currently hold these credentials.
To provide spiritual leadership and care to the congregation. Working with congregational leadership, provide vision, direction, and administration.
- Clear testimony of God’s call to ministry and a strong faith in Christ
- Meets standards for elders (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:7-16).
- Possess qualities of leadership
- Accepts Bible as Word of God and authoritative for life and practice
- Meets standards for pastors in the BIC U.S. Manual of Doctrine and Government
- Demonstrates exemplary character in relationships, finances, and lifestyle
- Affirms the Articles of Faith and Doctrine of the BIC U.S
- Fulfill the “Duties of Pastors” given in the BIC U.S. Manual of Doctrine and Government
- Faithfully preach and teach the Word of God
- Pray for the congregation, its endeavors and needs
- Chair the church board
- Motivate the congregation in holy living, faithful discipleship, and effective
Appointment and Term of Service
- The Pastor will be appointed by the Pastoral Search Committee under the direction
of the Bishop
- Terms of service will be negotiated by the Bishop with the Pastor and Pastoral Search Committee.”
If interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to, Bishop Rob Patterson of the Allegheny Conference of the BIC U.S. at firstname.lastname@example.org.