Employment: Full-time | Department: BIC U.S. World Missions | Supervisor: Director of World Missions | Supervises: None | FLSA status: Exempt
The World Missions Support Coordinator helps to connect the Brethren in Christ U.S. (BIC U.S.) family with the work of BIC U.S. World Missions. The Support Coordinator must be able to articulate and represent World Missions through presentations and through the creation of resources that represent our global and domestic cross-cultural ministries.
The Support Coordinator should exhibit the ability to manage projects and coordinate details related to successful implementation of strategic plans. They should also exhibit skills in mobilizing workers, including identifying and training qualified individuals for short-term trips which support the strategic plans and priorities of the organization.
The Support Coordinator is a ministry position within the World Missions department of the Brethren in Christ U.S. The position reports to the Director of World Missions and will be an integral contributor to the World Missions team.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A vital and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ with a heart for ministry and serving others
- Prior missionary experience or the openness to pursue missions training and BIC U.S. core courses
- Personal credibility – ability to maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Personal effectiveness – self-motivation and an ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Communication proficiency – effective oral and written communication skills in English (required) and Spanish (preferred)
- Collaboration skills – active listener and learner with strong interpersonal skills
- Technical capacity – proficiency with the application of information technology in an administrative setting, including use of social media, Constant Contact, e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organizational skills – experience in organizing and administrating simultaneous projects
- Create and edit communication resources including printed materials, videos, and PowerPoint presentations
- Serve as administrative coordinator for bishops who are overseeing domestic cross-cultural assignments
- Provide administrative support for international partnerships in the following areas:
- Evangelism, church planting, training, and support
- Scholarships for leadership training
- Compassion and relief
- Assist in developing effective models for missionary teams and team leadership, identifying the best mode for each field of service, and the assessments and training needed for equipping team leaders
- Assist in the development of connections with BIC U.S. congregations toward the goal of engaging those congregations to invest in missions, and more specifically, the needs of unreached peoples
- Speak compellingly in local congregations and youth groups, calling them to engagement with BIC U.S. World Missions
- Plan, train, and implement strategic short-term mission trips:
- Communicate basic missiological principles
- Coordinate logistics (flights, budgets, lodging, safety training, insurance, health forms)
- Review trip applications in consultation with leadership team
- Facilitate team meetings and communicate expectations
- Assist with facilitating the Missionary Development Program. Duties include: various administrative tasks, tracking and assisting in leading, and coordinating training seminars.
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
Physical Demands of the Work Environment
This job operates in a church office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The role of the Support Coordinator also involves travel and requires the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the Support Coordinator is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk and hear. Employee may be requested to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision (such as needed in viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this job description is flexible in terms of emphasis and particular assignments. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and employee
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.