Manheim BIC (Manheim, PA)
The MBIC Worship Director will work 42.5 hours per week leading our Worship Ministries in our church mission: “to initiate and nurture a growing relationship with Christ.”
We view our weekend services as a place and time to gather, celebrate and reenergize around the mission God has given us as a church. In our gatherings we expect to be moved towards change by His Word. We also expect our worship through music to facilitate reflection and response to the specific message from our time together. We are looking for an individual who has a contagious passion, heart, and hunger to worship God.
This individual will lead the music aspect of our worship service. This role leads the development and production of each worship service in collaboration with a service planning team. The Lead Pastor will set the theme and overall direction and the Worship Arts Director will oversee and coordinate the service details. The Worship Arts Director must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. This individual will be considered a pastor to those who serve in this ministry to further inspire and challenge them to deeper faith and greater leadership.
This role works alongside the Full-Time AV Tech Director to lead over 30 volunteers.
Leadership & Strategy
- Recruit, manage, develop, and direct a team of worship leaders and musicians
- Lead dynamic, inspirational times of worship that are inviting and Christ-centered
- Guide the selection of music and other worship elements used in corporate worship
- Develop musicians and vocalists of all ages
- Ability to expand instrumental involvement in worship, such as strings and/or brass
- Create an openness for diverse expression of worship, multi-generational expression, and creative uses of Scripture and traditions in worship gatherings
- Develop special events and holiday services
- Support the Kids and Youth Worship Administrator with Family Ministry worship efforts
- Lead mid-week service planning and evaluation meetings
- Lead pre-service huddles with volunteers and pastors
- Lead mid-week evening rehearsal
- Plan and lead events to facilitate training and relational connection for Worship Arts volunteers
- Lead innovative efforts to invite new volunteers to participate in worship leading.
- Ability to lead worship vocally and from an instrument such as acoustic guitar, electric guitar, or keys
- Competency with worship planning and performance software such as Planning Center, Ableton, Propresenter, etc.
- Ensure all volunteers working with minors meet current PA background clearance requirements
- Provide volunteers with necessary resources for practice at home such as mp3 recordings, chord charts, and click tracks
- Oversee annual Worship Ministries budget
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor
- Provide monthly board report for Church Leadership Board
- Oversee instrument purchasing and instrument maintenance including but not limited to house guitars, amplifiers, pedalboards, keyboards, MIDI controllers, software licenses, etc.
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christ and spiritual maturity (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1).
- Leadership experience in worship
- A bachelor’s degree, in a related field of study is preferred
- Ability to work ahead, plan, organize, delegate, and communicate well
- Passionate about developing worship leaders across a variety of ages and ministry platforms
- Willingness to lead with a professional and positive attitude that supports the cover values of Manheim BIC and other church ministries
- Ability to remain calm in tough situations and critically evaluate helpful solutions
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Brethren in Christ denomination
- Completion of all required FBI, State Police, and child abuse clearances before start date
- Basic understanding of essential musical concepts (chord structure, harmony, rhythm, tempo, etc) and ability to communicate these effectively with volunteer musicians and vocalists when necessary
- Ability to read chord charts and transcribe chord charts for songs when needed
The MBIC Lead Pastor oversees this role.
Annual Performance Reviews will be conducted and reviewed with the supervisor and Volunteers.
Full-time positions include additional benefits such as health care insurance, pension, paid time off, and educational funding. Salary will be based on experience and education.
Send Resume & Cover Letter to Holly Musser, Assistant to Senior Pastor: email@example.com.