The Worship Director will be the program leader for the Dillsburg Campus. This will require a firm grasp of the vision and DNA of The Meeting House, as well as the ability to build teams, develop leaders, and work collaboratively with The Meeting House staff. This is a 15 (+/-) hour/week role.
Campus Areas of Ownership
- Plan worship gatherings that are consistently high quality
- Schedule volunteers & leaders
- Plan and participate in special services throughout the calendar year
- Recruit talented musicians and singers
- Ensure vocal and music sheets for Sunday worship gatherings are prepared
- Collaborate with Worship Pastor and other venue leaders to create seamless worship gatherings
- Ensure worship leaders and musicians are prepared to lead the church in meaningful connection with God
Church Wide Responsibilities
- Regular meetings, communication, and feedback with your supervisor (Campus Pastor) and with the Creative Arts Team
- The potential for other responsibilities as assigned by the Campus Pastor based on the gifts, capacity and passions of the Worship Director and the needs of The Meeting House
Attributes and Skills
Personality provides connection. When people connect, they follow. When people follow, The Meeting House worships. Personality is most helpfully communicated through spoken word and story. Conversational leadership provides the on ramp for people to learn who is leading and builds trust to be led.
Collaboration, Creativity, and Innovation
The Director of Worship at Dillsburg Campus will build teams, train leaders, and facilitate connections with the worship community. The Director of Worship will lead the church and the worship community to a deeper understanding of the vision and DNA of The Meeting house as well as a deeper understanding of the character of God.
- Faithfulness and integrity
- Self-starter with a flexible entrepreneurial work ethic
- Able to lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family
- Able to represent Christ and his church well in the community at large
- Align with the vision, core values and doctrine of The Meeting House
- Transitional leadership: the ability to lead people in new directions as a process that occurs over time
- Communication skills both from the platform and one-to-one
- Must have a sense of humor
To apply for the position a candidate should submit resume, references, and video of themselves leading worship to email@example.com. Please include “Director of Worship: Dillsburg Campus” in the subject of the email.