- The primary purpose of the Youth Ministry Director is to introduce young people to Jesus Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and train them to serve Christ with their lives.
- This purpose is pursued through ministry to and with youth, parents, guardians, volunteers, and the church community.
- The Youth Director shall be appointed by the Lead Pastor and approved by the Church Board and presented to the Congregational Council for affirmation. The term of service shall be for three years. Annual review will be administered by Lead Pastor. Full background check is required.
- The Youth Director is accountable to the Lead Pastor in all areas of ministry.
- A born-again believer with a maturing relationship in Jesus Christ.
- Maintain an intimate, ongoing walk with God.
- Agreement and practice of the values and doctrine of the Brethren in Christ (BIC U.S. Manual of Doctrine and Government) and Fairview Church (handbook).
- Membership in Fairview Church.
- A passion for youth ministry and a vision for the ministry of the whole church.
- An ability to work with and relate well with youth, adults, children and families.
- Demonstrate and develop organizational and administration abilities.
- Ability to prepare youth spiritually, emotionally, and mentally for life in the “real world” after high school.
- Be aware of the variety of youth issues, and be prepared to address these issues from a biblical perspective with teens and parents.
- Communicate effectively to youth, parents, church board, and congregation.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee weekly youth ministry programming.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee ongoing discipleship with all youth.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee service/mission youth retreats.
- Fairview Church weekly attendance and all church ministry support.
- Facilitate the connection and commitment of youth to the larger church.
- Maintain consistent office hours; participate in staff meetings and church activities.
- Build relationships with youth and spend time on their turf.
- Provide monthly ministry reports for church board.
- Maintain youth ministry webpage and social media as approved through the church office.
- Ensure that volunteers are building relationships with youth.
- Train and equip volunteers to be effective in their various roles.
- Involve and participate with youth at camp and retreat events.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The salary and benefit arrangement shall be reviewed and recommended by the Church Board to Congregational Council on an annual basis.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill set, and education.
For further information and/or to apply, contact Pastor Mark Ballard at (937) 836-5068; firstname.lastname@example.org.