The West Side Brethren in Christ Church exists to help people come to know God personally and develop into mature followers of Jesus Christ. We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired, authoritative and reliable Word of God (2 Tim 2:16). We espouse Brethren in Christ Doctrine. See Articles of Faith and Doctrine.
Located just west of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, the church was established in 1987 as a church plant by five other Franklin County congregations. Since then the church has grown to 100 members and an average attendance of 120 on Sunday morning.
We are seeking a part-time (15 hours/week) youth pastor to teach and shepherd our youth (age 12 – 18) to become mature followers of Jesus Christ. We also desire the youth pastor to develop a program to reach youth in the surrounding community in order to minister to the myriad needs in youth culture today.
Experience in youth ministry a plus but not required.
To apply and/or find out further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide leadership to the Youth Ministry of the West Side Brethren in Christ Church.
1. A strong commitment to Christ and the Church.
2. Desire to see Youth know Christ and grow in Him.
3. Ability and background to teach the Word, and plan and coordinate Youth Ministry.
4. Ability to relate well with Youth and parents.
5. Be or become a member of West Side.
1. Provide overall leadership to the Youth Ministry.
2. Give leadership to the Wednesday Youth Club program.
3. Teach Youth Sunday School/VBS, as needed.
4. Plan periodic Youth activities.
5. Seek to grow the Youth group through outreach.
6. Promote service and leadership by Youth within and outside the congregation.
7. Seek to develop relationships with Youth and parents.
8. Seek to develop a team of adult helpers.
9. Shall serve as a member of the Christian Education Committee.
Appointment and Accountability
1. The Youth Pastor/Director will be appointed by the Church Board upon the recommendation of the Pastor.
2. The Youth Pastor/Director shall be accountable to the Pastor and serve on the Christian Education Committee.
3. Time, term of service, and compensation may be negotiated according to ability and service.