New Harvest is a 22-year-old community church in Millerstown PA, mainly reaching Perry and Juniata Counties. We began as a church plant in 2001, meeting in a school gym, then in 2013 purchased and renovated a building, where currently 200+ worship. Our mission is to worship, love, connect people to Jesus Christ.
We are seeking an Associate Pastor to direct, lead and develop leaders across all ages of our church family, with a focus on young families. The role of the Associate Pastor is to work in harmony with the Lead Pastor, have a firm grasp on the purpose, value and strategy of New Harvest and align with the Leadership Team. This position is full-time and requires flexible hours, including weekends and some evenings.
The Candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A vibrant faith
- Knowledge of the Bible
- The ability to work effectively with teams
- Leadership skills, with ability to teach in small and large groups
- A commitment to the vision and goal of New Harvest and strong administrative gifts, with attention for detail
- Support the Lead Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership of the church
- Help with teaching and weekend service planning
- Recruit, teach, train, spiritually support, and effectively supervise volunteers for small groups and adult ministries within the church
- Serve as main leader in developing small group and student’s ministries
- Effectively preach when called upon and be prepared to be the emergency back-up speaker
- Develop relationships with the New Harvest family
- Provide pastoral care to parents of children and youth families
- Provide confidential pastoral counseling in emergencies and short-term basis
Education and Certification Requirements
- Preferably two years of pastoral experience, with a focus on ministry to young families and have some leadership experience
- To sense a calling to ministry, be willing to be mentored and seek educational training
- A bachelor’s degree in ministry or certification of ministry training, or willing to work toward ministry education
Accountability and Supervision – This position will be under the supervision of the Lead Pastor and accountable to the church Leadership Team and the mission of New Harvest.
Submit cover letter, résumé, and references by March 31, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org, 717-713-3143.