Redland Valley BIC Church, located in Lewisberry, Pennsylvania, has been a part of this community for over 50 years. Over those years there has been great change, but the core call of God to reach out to and care for our neighbors has remained consistent. Our facility is well equipped to minister to our community, and we are thankful for our partnership with the day care that meets in our building, Munchkin Meadows.
If you visit our congregation you will find us to be a wide variety of ages who are pursuing God and his mission together. Our culture is one that focuses on helping all people to know the love and grace of Jesus. From jeans to ties, you’ll find us all worshipping and ministering together.
“We are committed to the spiritual growth and development of followers of Jesus Christ by focusing on equipping, serving and sending disciples to reach our community and world with His message of mercy, grace and truth.”
We have long been known as “the church on the hill.” We desire to be more than the church on the hill as we minister and actively engage with all those who live in the area. We will continue to be a congregation that loves the Word of God, seeks ways to serve all people, and be a place where all are welcome.
Redland Valley Church is looking for a pastor who can lead our congregation through teams of people toward our vision of serving the surrounding community as we pursue relationship with our neighbors. Our next pastor will need to be able to relate to a diverse range of ages and personalities while leading with strong vision to help us move into the next decade of effective ministry.
Our pastor will need to appreciate our unique setting within the Lewisberry area as he/she leads us to effectively minister to all. Our pastor will need vision to seek new ways of ministry, helping people to understand their unique gifts while equipping all people to the ministry God has called them.
- Must work with people and have proven an ability to establish and lead teams to accomplish the ministries of the congregation
- Will be the primary communicator in our weekend services; should display strong communication skills and an ability to make the Word of God come to life
- Able to cast vision and empower the congregation to pursue and accomplish that vision
- Will show the ability to carry out and activate the mission of the church
- Proven ability to lead a board and have a strong handle on governance structures
- Work with leaders of Munchkin Meadows (daycare) in our shared mission to the families in our area
- Needs to use basic computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; a seminary degree is preferable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ministry context
- A commitment to pursue ordination with the Brethren in Christ U.S. denomination (if not already a BIC U.S. ordained minister)
- A commitment to continuing education and lifelong learning
- This is a full-time position requiring 40+ hours per week. We understand that this position will require more than 40 hours per week, but we desire a pastor who can manage a healthy work/non-work life. We want our pastor to maintain a vitality that enables him/her to lead our church in a healthy way.
- As part of the Susquehanna Conference of the Brethren in Christ U.S., there are regular meetings and activities you will be able to participate in with the conference pastors.
Send all resumes to: email@example.com
Resumes will be received until April 30, 2019.