Redland Valley Church, set one mile from the small town of Lewisberry, PA seeks lead pastor. This faithful congregation has a heart for people and a deep desire to share the love of Jesus. The church has room for growth and looks forward to more young families joining in worship!
We are seeking a pastor to be our godly shepherd and spiritual leader – one who will mentor ministry leaders and staff. This pastor will bring new energy to the congregation and be able to relate to a diverse age–range of congregants. This pastor will seek new ways to lead the church in serving the needs of our community.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preach and teach in a dynamic style to promote real life application and spiritual transformation
- Guide the congregation in discovering and embracing God’s will and vision
- Develop a pathway for growth through intentional discipleship
- Pursue community connections
- Identify and develop aspiring leaders to advance the mission of the church
- Assure that the congregation is well cared for and empowered to care for one another
- Maintain a vibrant personal relationship and walk with Jesus and rely on the Holy Spirit for guidance and direction
- Excel in communication and relationship building
- Lead congregation with humility and passion
- Courage to try new things
- Commitment to prayer, lifelong learning, and growth
- Collaborate with the BIC to broaden ministry opportunities and enhance our understanding of our part in God’s global family
- Manage a healthy work/life balance
Redland Valley Church Board
Bishop of BIC Susquehanna Conference
A commitment to pursue ordination with the Brethren in Christ U.S. denomination (if not already a BIC U.S. ordained minister).
If interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Heather Beaty, Bishop of the Susquehanna Conference BIC US at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2023.