The Meeting House – Carlisle is looking for a part-time administrative assistant to ensure the effective administrative operations of the Carlisle campus office. This person will also balance the constant ebb and flow of routine tasks, special projects, and the spontaneous needs of staff and congregants with grace and a sense of humor.
- Responsible for front office receptionist duties to ensure appropriate coverage during business hours. Manage Carlisle facility calendars and facility rental agreements. Provide administrative support as directed for all-staff and Carlisle-staff meetings, professional development, etc. Maintain a front office environment and break-room that is warm, clean, and inviting for staff and guests alike.
- Support staff. Triage phone calls and email communication from congregants. Follow-up with pastors to ensure a timely response to inquiries for counseling support, benevolence referrals, etc. Assist with special projects ranging from ministry development to volunteer management.
- Facilitate ministry communication. Collaborate with Communications team to create and execute print and digital materials. Connect ministries (such as prayer) with appropriate internal/external communication processes and tools to reach congregants, pastors/staff, and others, as appropriate.
- Gather and share data as directed. Ensure that useful personal/groups data is collected and properly stored in CCB. Work with staff to develop reports and create routines for sharing key info with ministry leaders to inform ongoing decisions and strategy.
- Budget, purchase, and reconcile receipts. Manage orders for general office supplies (stationery products and publications, including Daily Bread and others). Review office supply budget area monthly, and provide advance notice or explanation for any above-the-ordinary expenses.
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
- Preferred administrative experience working in an office environment.
- Preferred experience with office machines (printers, copiers, folding machines).
- Strong computer skills and comfortability learning new technology/platforms/apps. Additionally, comfortability working on a Mac as primary computer (or willing to learn quickly).
- Preferred experience with database software.
- Strong proofreading skills.
Employee type/hours: Part-time (27.5 hrs)
Reports to: Administrator and Project Manager
To apply, send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.