Status: Part time, 20-30 hours/week
Fairview Brethren in Christ Church in New Cumberland, Pa., is looking for their next lead pastor. Located just outside of Harrisburg, the Fairview congregation is a small but generous group. They are passionate about Scripture and desire to reach their neighbors. The congregation is preparing to begin an intentional revitalization program with the Susquehanna Conference, and are seeking a part-time pastor who will lead them forward with renewed vision and intentional relationships.
- Provide, or make provision for, biblically relevant preaching to the congregation every Sunday morning in our worship service
- Preach at least 45 of 52 Sundays each year
- Develop and carry out a robust discipleship plan for people to walk deeper in their relationship with Jesus
- Define the metrics we are using to evaluate our effectiveness in our discipleship plan
- Assure that the congregation is well cared for and empowered to care of each other
- Develop ways for congregation to interact with, care for, and reach our community
- Invite and empower congregation to reach their friends, neighbors, and co-workers with the Gospel
- Work with the congregation to carry out ministry
- Provide opportunities for the spiritual gifts of congregation to be used in effective ways
- Maintain a vibrant personal relationship and walk with Jesus
- Seek the best for this congregation and their health and growth
- Keep community outreach central to our mission
- Lead congregation with humility and passion
- Collaborate with conference, board, and congregation in revitalization plan and process
- Must be a licensed Brethren in Christ pastor, or willing to be credentialed with BIC U.S.
Accountable to the Fairview BIC Church Board and the Bishop or Regional Administrator for Susquehanna Conference.
If interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to Heather Beaty, Regional Administrator of the Susquehanna Conference BIC U.S. at email@example.com