Job Title: Pastor | Reports To: Church Board | Position Status: Part-Time (app 10 hours/week) Preaching, pastoral care, and other basic services
Red Star is a small congregation near Leedey, Oklahoma. The church will provide a nice modern three-bedroom, two-bath parsonage with basement, garage, and carport, and $1,000 per month in salary. Other income would need to come from an outside job and there are various jobs available in the area that could supplement income. This position would probably work best for a retiree or an energetic young family.
- Personal behavior in line with the standard required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Must be a licensed Brethren in Christ (BIC) pastor or be willing to be credentialed within the BIC U.S.
- Provide administrative leadership for the church program
- Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances; and, lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community
- Pastoral care for the sick
- Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services
- Keep the church informed of developments within the denomination
- Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters
Please note that this job description is flexible in terms of emphasis and particular assignments. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In consultation with the Bishop and the Church Board and by mutual consent, responsibilities may be shifted or shared between the staff in accordance with gifting, training, and need.
Physical Demands of the Work Environment
This Pastor role operates primarily in a church office environment and requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and regularly operating standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This position requires mobility within the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
This position also involves travel and requires the ability to move about outside the office and operate motor vehicles on a regular basis. This position recurrently requires long hours and weekend work. While performing the duties of the job, the Pastor is often required to remain in a stationary position while making presentations; handle or control objects, tools, or controls; communicate, discern, and discuss within both public and private contexts. The Lead Pastor may be requested to lift and carry up to 20 pounds at a time, often carrying Audio/Visual equipment to events.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified persons with disabilities.
Position starts as soon as available.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Bishop Ron Bowell, email@example.com.