Worship and Technology Pastor
Hollowell BIC (Waynesboro, PA)
The Worship and Technology Pastor works with the Pastoral Team Leader to provide effective ongoing leadership of the worship team, AV team and worship service planning and implementation. In addition, he/she shall provide the online and social media presence for Hollowell seeking to support and advance our priorities and establishing our footprint and presence in the community.
The Worship Pastor shall fulfill the qualifications listed in I Timothy 3:2-12 and the BIC Manual of Doctrine and Government and shall be approved by the Allegheny Conference Bishop of the BIC as well as the Administrative Board and the Deacon Board of Hollowell Church. He/She should have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a field related to music, with preference given to a graduate degree or greater. He/She shall evidence giftedness and a call to ministry as well as the ability to relate well to people and the ability to program, organize and lead a technology ministry.
The Worship Pastor is hired at the recommendation of the Pastoral Team Leader and is accountable to him/her on a day-to-day management basis. The Pastoral Team Leader may or may not choose to have an ad hoc advisory committee to assist in the hiring process. The recommendation for the hire then goes from the Pastoral Team Leader to the Administrative Board.
- Plan and prepare Sunday worship services as well as special services
- Prepare and support all individuals who minister in the services by: providing service orders to all people involved in the services, leading weekly rehearsals for the worship & technology team, providing notes and resources to support preparation, and sharing technology and stage set information
- Schedule and direct implementation of special features, including skits, videos, dances, child dedications, ministries of music, etc.
- Provide training and support (according to expertise and need) for the musical development of worship team members
- Interview, screen, and train worship team and technology team members
- Support the Youth Worship Team by: training youth team leaders to sing, play, and lead worship; providing youth worship schedule; playing and singing with the team on Wednesday nights, as needed; and preparing the team to lead worship on Sunday mornings at least once a quarter
- Provide support for children’s music by: equipping leaders to provide music, motions, and direction for children’s music; and leading/directing children’s time of worship, as needed and as able
- Oversee technology team and cooperate with leading technicians to provide a special worship experience in person and on our live stream
- Create special videos or provide production support and oversight to creation of special videos
- Develop an appropriate annual Worship Ministry and Technology budget
This position involves sitting, walking, standing, driving, and accurate perception of sound, vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity. Persons in this position will exert 25-40 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push or pull objects.
Oversight Related Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate maintenance for all AVL systems and teams related to: audio, video, lighting, media projection, stage management, and broadcast (in partnership with our multi-media consultants and technology volunteers)
- Engage with staff and technology volunteers to find the best AVL solutions to the needs of Hollowell Church
- Lead, train, schedule, and develop technology volunteer teams
- Assess and increase the abilities of volunteers related to their roles
- Assist in the staging, moving, and inventory of AVL related items
- Demonstrate for training purposes, skills in audio engineering lead, and train others to perform audio lead at a high level
- Respond to and facilitate emergency repair of AVL systems in a timely manner
- Communicate promptly, both orally and in writing, with staff and volunteers to obtain and disseminate information, resolve discrepancies, respond to the congregation, and foster professional relationships
- Complete time sensitive tasks related to producing weekly services and events (i.e. announcements, emails, etc.)
Office Related Responsibilities
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Assist in pastoral team related responsibilities and activities
- Provide the online and social media presence for Hollowell
Schedule – 40 hours per week
Interested applicants should respond to Pastor Blaine Lougheed at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact him at 717-597-3592 (ex.1). Hollowell is a ministry of the Brethren in Christ Church and is located at 14807 Hollowell Church Road, Waynesboro, PA 17225.