Redland Valley Church, set one mile from the small town of Lewisberry, PA seeks a lead pastor. This faithful congregation has a heart for our community and a deep desire to share the love of Jesus. The church has recently restructured and refocused our ministry approach to better meet the needs of our congregation and our community. With an increased emphasis on small groups, children/youth, and serving our community we are looking to grow our congregation and deepen the faith of our existing members.
We are seeking a pastor to be our godly shepherd and spiritual leader – one who will mentor ministry leaders and staff. This pastor will bring new energy to the congregation and be able to relate to a diverse age range of congregants. This pastor will seek new, innovative ways to lead the church in serving the needs of our community and congregation.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preach and teach in a dynamic style to promote real-life application and spiritual transformation
- Guide the congregation in discovering and embracing God’s will and vision
- Develop a pathway for growth through intentional discipleship
- Pursue community connections
- Identify and develop aspiring leaders to advance the mission of the church
- Assure that the congregation is well cared for and empowered to care for one another
- Maintain a vibrant personal relationship and walk with Jesus and rely on the Holy Spirit for guidance and direction
- Excel in communication and relationship-building
- Lead the congregation with humility and passion
- Courage to try new ideas and concepts
- Commitment to prayer, lifelong learning, and growth
- Collaborate with the BIC to broaden ministry opportunities and enhance our understanding of our part in God’s global family
- Manage a healthy work/life balance
Redland Valley Church Board of Trustees
Bishop of BIC Susquehanna Conference
Qualifications & Requirements
A commitment to pursue credentialing with the Brethren in Christ U.S. denomination (if not already a BIC U.S. credentialed minister).
If interested in applying for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and sermon samples to Heather Beaty, Bishop of the Susquehanna Conference BIC U.S. at firstname.lastname@example.org.