General Assembly 2022
July 22 @ 7:00 pm - July 25 @ 8:45 pm
We are excited to join together as a BIC family for General Assembly 2022. This year’s theme – From the Center – encourages us to consider the center of our faith and how those beliefs transform every element of our work, ministry, and life. We pray this event is an opportunity to reconnect with brothers and sisters from the larger BIC family and to be encouraged and equipped to continue the work that God has for us.
Breakout sessions throughout General Assembly are a great opportunity to learn from each other, strengthen our pastors and congregations, and discover new ministry techniques and opportunities. We are excited to have a full line up this year.
General Conference Board member Adam Forry and National Director Alan Robinson hosted a virtual meeting in June 2022 to discuss the proposed changes to the Manual of Doctrine and Government that will be presented at General Assembly 2022. You can read the proposed changes and watch a recording of the virtual meeting below.
All attendees participating in any part of the day programming must register, including nursery-aged participants, to ensure an adequate child-to-adult ratio. Registration closed June 24, but those who desire to only attend the evening sessions are free to attend without registering.
Location – Three BIC churches in Salina are partnering with us to host General Assembly.
- Main Event – CrossRoads Church & Revolution Church
- Youth Program (6th-12th grade) – Aliento de Vida
- Children’s Program (Nursery – entering 5th Grade) – CrossRoads Church & Revolution Church
Transportation – There are three airports nearby Salina to fly into:
- Salina Reginal Airport is an 11-minute drive to CrossRoads Church
- Manhattan Regional Airport is a 1-hour drive to CrossRoads Church
- Kansas City International Airport is about a 3-hour drive to CrossRoads Church
We expect many attendees to rent a car while in Salina. We encourage carpooling to alleviate the expense and to encourage community. Here are a few places to rent a car:
- Salina Regional Airport Offsite Car Rental (Salina Airport)
- Hertz Salina Airport (Salina Airport)
- Manhattan Car Rental (Manhattan Airport)
Van shuttles will be available at CrossRoads Church during General Assembly Sessions in the event someone needs a ride back to their hotel. Bus shuttles will be available for the youth program as needed.
Lodging – We suggest booking with one of the following hotels. Please be advised lodging options are limited and booking ahead of time is recommended.
- Hilton Garden Inn Salina
- Hampton Inn Salina
- Fairfield Inn Salina
Food – Registration covers daily programs, use of facility, and three meals: Saturday July 23rd (Lunch), Sunday July 24th (Dinner), Monday July 25th (Lunch). All other meals are at your own expense and will give you an opportunity to see the best Salina has to offer! We’ve compiled a list of local restaurants to help guide your tastebuds.
It has been two years since COVID-19 hit the scene and we are still dealing with it today. It is apparent COVID-19 will be around for a long time and will continue to mutate. Because we do not know what the state of Coronavirus will be by the time General Assembly 2022 rolls around, Leadership Council has decided to put guidelines in place to help attendees plan.
- Currently, our plan is to have General Assembly 2022 in Salina, KS July 22-25, 2022, in person.
- There is not a vaccine mandate for attendees.
- Currently masks are optional.
- Closer to the event, we may make changes to these protocols to keep all attendees safe and healthy. Please check back periodically for updates.
Live Stream – As with past General Assemblies, Plenary Sessions of General Assembly, including the evening services, will be available to view through live stream.