Employment: Full-time (40+ hours/week) | Department: Brethren in Christ Foundation (BICF) | Supervisor: BICF Controller | Supervises: None | FLSA status: Exempt
The Account Officer serves the Foundation as the primary marketing, development and sales contact for member investors.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A vital and maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for the Brethren in Christ U.S.
- An understanding and acceptance of the BIC U.S. core values
- Financial management – adequate education and job experience in accounting procedures
- Administrative collaboration – expected to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and contribute as a free-thinking member of the BICF team
- Personal credibility – ability to maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Personal effectiveness – self-motivated and able to work independently and unsupervised
- Technical capacity – proficiency with the application of information technology in a financial administration setting, including use of operational databases, Outlook, email, and Microsoft Office suite
- Communication proficiency – effective oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to utilize various social media platforms
- Time management – able to organize and administrate simultaneous projects to meet deadlines
- Series 63 License required
- Licensed as a Notary Public
- Manage maturities for debt securities. Ensure the investor is aware of available options with the Foundation
- Answer questions by phone, email, or in person from BICF investors and prospective investors about specific accounts, current interest rates, and general information
- Contribute suggestions for enhancements to current offerings, new offerings, or services
- Participate as part of the BICF team assigned to collaborate with the marketing consultant
- Manage in-house implementation of marketing plan
- Process changes to accounts
- Sends BICF investment opportunity information to prospective investors or applications for new investments to current investors upon request
- Meets with customers at the Messiah Lifeways satellite office
- Oversee the processing and distribution of monthly, quarterly and semiannual BICF interest payments
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and requirements regards Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) and Custodianship for HSA and IRA
- Ensure compliance with IRA Required Minimum Distribution regulations, communicates with IRA holders regarding such
- Oversee the reporting of account status through the statement process
- Ensure financial transactions are compliant with banking and government regulations
- Set up online access upon request and email instructions to investors
- Aid in ACH and wire transactions via the internet as necessary
- Represent the Brethren in Christ Foundation with clients, investors. and business partners
- Prepare year-end IRS tax documents
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
Physical Demands of the Work Environment
The BICF Account Officer position operates primarily in a church office environment and requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and routinely operating standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires mobility within the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The role of the BICF Account Officer may occasionally also involve travel and requires the ability to move outside the office and the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
The role of the BICF Account Officer recurrently requires remaining in a stationary position, handling or controlling objects, tools, or controls; reaching and stooping; communicating, discerning and discussing within both public and private contexts. Employee may be requested to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision (such as needed in viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified persons with disabilities.
This is a full-time position. The expected days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with an hour for lunch. Please note that this job description is flexible in terms of emphasis and particular assignments. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and employee
As an employee of the Brethren in Christ Foundation, the Account Officer is expected to adhere to the Statements of Christian Life and Practice in the current edition of the Manual of Doctrine and Government, and the Brethren in Christ U.S. Employee Handbook.
Please contact email@example.com for further information or to submit your resume and cover letter.