The Susquehanna Conference of the BIC U.S. is exploring the exciting potential of a church plant in Essex, Maryland (northern Baltimore area). We are seeking a church planter and servant-leader with a healthy passion for Christ’s mission and for diversity and creativity in evangelism, discipleship, and leadership training.
Recommended Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Possesses knowledge, training, and experience in pastoral ministry
- Possesses a passion for evangelism
- Possesses strong relational and communication skills
- Possesses understanding and agreement with Brethren in Christ theology
- Committed to and capable of collaborative leadership
- Familiar with, and committed to, the use of Information Technology
- Evangelism: exhibits a passion to share the gospel of Jesus Christ, see people come to know Jesus, and gather people for worship
- Training: equips the church body to grow and use the gifts the Holy Spirit has given each person; trains other disciples to become leaders to share in the work of the ministry
- Preaching and Teaching: effectively shares the Word of God and the values Jesus teaches us; helps others apply the Word to their daily lives
- Spiritual disciplines: practices a lifestyle of prayer, Bible study, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading in daily life
- Partnership: works effectively with the Susquehanna Conference Bishop Leadership Team, other Susquehanna Conference pastors, and other local believers to effectively carry out ministry objectives
- Team interaction: approaches local ministry with a team mindset and can lead that team effectively in the local ministry context
- Interpersonal skills: displays self-awareness and high relational capacity, practices healthy conflict resolution, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things; maintains confidentiality
- Oral communication: speaks humbly, clearly, and effectively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates professionalism when communicating
- Adaptability: adapts and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Dependability: follows through on one’s word, completes tasks, consistently engages well with others, and responds to leadership direction
- Problem-solving: gathers and analyzes information skillfully; identifies and resolves technical and relational problems in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
This individual should have a heart for urban ministry and specifically for diverse communities. They should have a passion for evangelism and seeing others brought to relationship with Jesus. This individual should also maintain healthy interpersonal relationships and an active, personal relationship with God.
To learn more, contact email@example.com.