BIC U.S. World Missions (Colombia)
The Colombia Church Planter supports the existing BIC church Tierra Linda through evangelism, leadership training, and discipleship. The person(s) would collaborate with the Tierra Linda congregation in planting a church in a new neighborhood.
- Language acquisition: works toward fluency in Spanish. For applicants without Spanish fluency, full time study for six months to one year prior to the start of ministry in the Tierra Linda congregation.
- Partnership: works with the Tierra Linda church toward carrying out their ministry vision.
- Training: trains national leaders to share in the work of the ministry.
- Problem-solving: gathers and analyzes information skillfully and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Team interaction: works together with a team.
- Interpersonal skills: maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates professionalism when communicating.
- Adaptability: adapts and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: follows instructions and responds to leadership direction.
- Safety and security: promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures outlined by BIC U.S. World Missions policy and leaders in country.
- Spiritual discipline: incorporates prayer, Biblical understanding, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading in daily life.
- Evangelism: exhibits a passion to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and gather people for worship.
- Other duties as assigned.
This individual should have a heart for cross-cultural missions specifically for Latin American communities. They should have a passion for evangelism and seeing others brought to relationship with Jesus. This individual should also have an active, personal relationship with God.
Employment: Full time
Interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.