The Colombia Church Planter supports the existing BIC church Tierra Linda through evangelism, leadership training, and discipleship. The person(s) would collaborate with the Tierra Linda congregation in planting a church in a new neighborhood.
This individual should have a heart for cross-cultural missions specifically for Latin American communities. They should have a passion for evangelism and seeing others brought to relationship with Jesus. This individual should also have an active, personal relationship with God.
- Language acquisition: works toward fluency in Spanish. For applicants without Spanish fluency, full time study for six months to one year prior to the start of ministry in the Tierra Linda congregation.
- Partnership: works with the Tierra Linda church toward carrying out their ministry vision.
- Training: trains national leaders to share in the work of the ministry.
- Problem-solving: gathers and analyzes information skillfully and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Team interaction: works together with a team.
- Interpersonal skills: maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates professionalism when communicating.
- Adaptability: adapts and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: follows instructions and responds to leadership direction.
- Safety and security: promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures outlined by BIC U.S. World Missions policy and leaders in country.
- Spiritual discipline: incorporates prayer, Biblical understanding, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading in daily life.
- Evangelism: exhibits a passion to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and gather people for worship.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employment: Full time
Interested candidates should contact email@example.com.