Credentialing as BIC Minister: Required
Accountable to: BIC Colombia National leaders, Regional Administrator
Formal Theological/Missiological Training: Desired
This person(s) would support the existing BIC Church “Tierra Linda” through evangelism, leadership training, and discipleship, especially in the first year of service. After approximately one year, the person(s) would plant a church in a new neighborhood. The person would maintain relationship and ministry with the original church, although with a more reduced time commitment.
- The Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of Scripture.
- Active participation in a local congregation in the place of service.
- Adaptability to different cultural and social environments.
- Sensitivity to local believers regarding dress codes and standards of living.
- Emotional, social, and spiritual growth.
- A life-style based on biblical teaching.
- Exercising sensitivity to local believers regarding the use of wine in communion services and/or on limited special occasions.
To perform the role successfully, individual(s) should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem-solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Team interaction-the individual is committed to work together with a team.
- Interpersonal skills-the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates professional skills when giving presentations and in conducting meetings.
- Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the culture and environment, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability-the individual follows instructions and responds to leadership direction.
- Safety and security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures outlined by team leaders in the country.
- Incorporates prayer, Biblical understanding, and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading into training and planning
- Is expected to adhere to all policies, including the personal covenant, included in the BIC U.S. Policy Manual.
- Strive for fluency in Spanish. Full time study for six months to one year is recommended if necessary.
- Work with the Tierra Linda church toward completing their vision.
- Be committed to train others to share in the work of the ministry.
- Seek to attain annual goals established with Regional Administrator.
- Sets up to three personal growth goals
Interested candidates should contact Vicky Landis at email@example.com.