The Susquehanna Regional Conference of BIC U.S. is committed to a shared leadership model where teams are developed to carry out Kingdom work across our conference. We are looking for a Leadership Development Team Leader (approximately 8-10 hours/week) to help identify, develop, and deploy new church leaders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Will assist the Susquehanna Bishop Leadership Team in identifying, developing, and deploying people into ministry roles.
- Will share responsibility of facilitating conversations with pastors, churches, and other individuals about leadership development, internships, new service opportunities, and untapped and developing leaders.
- Will share responsibility of evaluating present practices and building a Ministry Development Program.
- May include leading and developing individualized assessments, training materials, group experiences, internships, and localized service opportunities for developing leaders.
- May include occasional church and/or educational institution visits (approximately 6-8 visits/year)
- A consistent and engaged member of a Susquehanna Conference Brethren in Christ church
- Possesses knowledge and experience related to the work of pastors
- Preferred experience in a variety of ministry contexts
- Possesses a good understanding of Brethren in Christ theology
- Possesses strong relational and communication skills
- Committed to and capable of collaborative leadership
- Ability to hear and assimilate layers of communication from various church contexts
- Familiar with, and committed to, the use of information technology
For questions and application, please contact Heather Beaty: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Tuesday, February 23, 2021