Part-Time Administrative and Pastoral Assistant
Pathway Community Church (York, PA)
Welcome to Pathway! Pathway Community Church, a church family of passionate followers of Jesus Christ located in York, Pennsylvania, is looking for a part-time Administrative and Pastoral Assistant.
Our desire is that all people would experience the transforming love, grace, and freedom found in Jesus. We aren’t ashamed of it, and we won’t hide it; from the moment you step through our doors, you will sense our desire for everyone to have an encounter with God and to engage in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
We are a people of all walks of life. From brand spanking new to the faith, to those who have been tried and true for many years. We offer relevant teaching from the Bible and will encourage you in pursuing both a personal and community faith in God through, growth groups, serving opportunities, personal study, and Sunday morning gatherings. Visit our website to learn more.
Working alongside the pastoral staff, paid interns, and volunteers, this position will assist Pathway Community Church by providing administrative and operational support, primarily in front office functions while reporting to the senior pastor or as they direct.
As a member of the Pathway staff team, he or she will encourage our church in the fulfillment of the great commission in balance with the other missional and core values of Pathway Community Church.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the vision and values of Pathway Community Church
- Live a life and devotion as a developing follower of Jesus Christ
- Regular Sunday morning and church body participation
- Answering phones during office hours
- Checking and replying to phone, email, and social media messages
- Maintain, print, and upkeep weekly bulletin
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Model servant leadership in interactions with your teams and leaders
- Assist in the development and oversight of the church’s Master Calendar; integration and maintenance of facility use and scheduling in Breeze (chms)
- Train and educate self on current and relevant software apps, platforms, etc.
- Monitor Facebook account
- Maintain basic bookkeeping through Quickbooks.
- Complete various administrative support tasks to ministries (as assigned)
- Serve as assistant to the Senior Pastor (scheduling, calendar, meeting hosting, and set-up)
- Have a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Pass a series of background and child abuse clearances
- Able to handle confidential information and maintain said confidentiality
- Be teachable, humble, and have a servant’s heart
- Must have good organizational skills and an attitude of professionalism
- Be an example to others in Christian character and integrity
- Be a proactive, self-starter, and a team player
- Will not participate with, generate, or promote gossip
- Be a creative problem solver
- Represent both Jesus Christ and Pathway Community Church well in all posts and communication on social media platforms and the Internet
- Dress in a modest and appropriate manner
- Arrive to all meetings and events prepared and ready to engage
- Finish commitments and assignments in a timely and excellent manner
- Set quarterly and annual goals as directed by the Senior Pastor
- Have an aptitude for the items necessary to fulfill the job requirements with excellence
- Must provide own transportation to/from the church for meetings, events, etc.
- Have an energetic persona in connecting with the community and lead others to the community of Pathway Community Church
Matters of Conflict
- Will handle matters of conflict in a Matthew 18:15-17 manner
- If a conflict is not resolved, will work with the Senior Pastor for counsel only after having approached the individual I have had the conflict with one on one
- Will not discuss unresolved conflict with others
- We are committed to depending on God while being strategic, purposeful, and responsible in everything we do
- We are committed to working together as a team
- We are committed to valuing people over process
- We are committed to effective and timely communication
- We are committed to extending extravagant hospitality to our volunteers, guests, and each other
- We have each other’s “6” – We are committed to protecting each other and our families
- We are committed to respectful, honest, and open dialogue in our interactions with each other
- We are committed to integrity – we are honest in our work and our relationships
- We are faithful and loyal to God and each other as a team
- We are committed to doing our jobs with excellence
- We will not pout (I will not operate in passive aggressiveness)
- We embrace creativity and will willingly consider new and different ideas as God leads
- We seek forgiveness and healing when conflict occurs
- We value collaboration, working cooperatively while drawing on each person’s unique gifting
- We will celebrate! We rejoice in what God is doing in us, through us and in those around us, demonstrating thankfulness and appreciation
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Pastor Jim Dinger, 1731 West Philadelphia Street, West York, PA 17404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.