Our mission is to “make disciples that make disciples” as we Worship, Serve, & Connect together. We do this by creating ministry environments where people are encouraged and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, community with Christ-followers, and influence with others.
Cross Roads Church is looking for a high capacity leader of leaders. They will:
- Lead by example, with passion, character, and competency.
- Provide leadership to children ages infant thru kindergarten, their parents, and volunteer team members.
- Equip leaders and volunteers by recruiting, coaching, intentional leadership development.
- Devote time to developing early childhood volunteers; who will be a vital part in introducing children to their Heavenly Father.
- Equip both volunteers and parents to partner together in the discipleship process.
- Establish ministry objectives and implement strategy/structures to accomplish those objectives.
Our Approach to Family Ministry
- Our ministry to families is a priority. We view ourselves as a partner with parents, and as a resource in helping them to raise children who grow to know and love God, and who honor Him with their lives. An overarching goal is to connect children and their parents with a healthy church and equip them to be lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ. We are committed to the Orange ministry philosophy (ThinkOrange.com) for integrating our ministry to children, students, and parents.
Core Job Responsibilities
- To build and provide overall leadership for large and small group environments where children:
- Prioritize their relationship with Jesus
- Positively influence their families toward Jesus
- Engage others by serving in personal ministry
- Develop an effective partnership between the church and parents
- Provide visionary leadership to all early childhood volunteers and environments which includes strategic planning and budgeting
- Lead Early Childhood Ministry while being a champion for the overall vision and mission of Cross Roads Church
- Foster relationships within the community
- Assist all staff for larger church-wide events
- Actively participates in Children’s Ministry Leadership Team
- Directly reports to and works with Elementary Director
- Additional oversight/accountability given by Lead Pastor
- Serve as the staff point person for managing and leading all things Early Childhood Ministry
- Self-motivated and committed to an authentic, growing relationship with Jesus
- Understands trends, challenges, mindsets and needs of young families
- Excels in developing systems and structures, while planning ahead
- Has a passion for reaching families in our community
- An excellent communicator who is skilled at teaching, training, and casting vision
- Relationally connects with children, parents and volunteers
- Ability to build and develop teams to carry out the mission
- Passion for the local church & wholeheartedly supports Cross Roads mission, vision, values, and discipleship process
- Lives a lifestyle appropriate to a person in ministry and represents well on social media
- Degree in Children’s Ministry or Early Childhood Development helpful, but not required
- Minimal of 2 years paid/volunteer Children’s (Early Childhood) Ministry experience required; 4+ preferred
- Theological agreement & shared convictions with the Brethren in Christ denomination https://bicus.org/
Application Requirements sent to Doug Bender (email@example.com)
- A cover letter and resume
- Links to applicant’s social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- A video of applicant speaking in public (teaching to preschoolers, training leaders, etc.)
The duties and responsibilities included in this description are not intended to be all-inclusive, and the individual is expected to perform other job-related duties as assigned by Cross Roads Leadership as required.