Welcome to Pathway! Pathway Community Church, a church family of passionate followers of Jesus Christ located in York, Pennsylvania, is looking for a part-time Youth Pastor.
Our desire is that all people would experience the transforming love, grace, and freedom found in Jesus. We aren’t ashamed of it, and we won’t hide it; from the moment you step through our doors, you will sense our desire for everyone to have an encounter with God and to engage in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
We are a people of all walks of life. From brand spanking new to the faith, to those who have been tried and true for many years. We offer relevant teaching from the Bible and will encourage you in pursuing both a personal and community faith in God through growth groups, serving opportunities, personal study, and Sunday morning gatherings. Visit our website to learn more.
Working alongside the pastoral staff, paid interns, and volunteers, this is a “high capacity,” pastoral position assisting Pathway Community Church by overseeing the youth ministry. Pathway Youth seeks to help every 6th grade through 12th grade student make steps toward deeper maturity in Christ.
As a member of the staff team, he or she will carry out the vision, mission, and values of Pathway Community Church in an age-appropriate means and method for our students, while reporting to the senior pastor or their designee.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide leadership of junior and senior high youth and youth volunteers
- Plan and execute weekly youth ministry programming
- Foster partnership with parents/guardians through consistent communication
- Teach and equip students to grow as followers of Jesus
- Develop, train, and activate team of volunteer youth leaders
- Strategically invest in volunteers, students, and youth ministry programs
- Integrate youth into the broader church, including worship services and events
- Plan and execute regularly scheduled events for spiritual growth and recreation
- Oversee the purchase, distribution, and use of all equipment, supplies, etc.
- Support the vision and values of Pathway Community Church
- Cultivate a life of devotion as a follower of Jesus Christ
- Model servant leadership with your teams and being led by your leaders
- Participate consistently in weekly staff meetings, Sunday morning worship services, special events and other departmental meetings as needed
- Event and pastoral support as is determined in staff meetings
- Create a culture and environment that facilitate and encourage transformational, lifestyle growth through new and existing ministries inside Pathway Community Church
- Possess a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrate a calling to pastoral and youth ministry
- Demonstrate ability to raise up, disciple, equip and empower volunteer leaders
- Demonstrate genuine love and rapport with young people
- Demonstrate sensitivity to needs and pressures of teens and young adults
- Pass a series of background and child abuse clearances
- Exercise initiative and judgment as an independent leader
- Possess good organizational skills and an attitude of professionalism
- Be teachable, humble, and have a servant’s heart
- Be an example to others in Christian character and integrity
- Be a proactive self-starter, and a team player
- Be a creative problem solver
- Able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule
- Able to plan, organize and implement ministry programs
- Able to handle confidential information and maintain said confidentiality
- Represent both Jesus Christ and Pathway Community Church well in lifestyle and online presence
- Finish commitments and assignments in a timely and excellent manner
- Set quarterly and annual goals as directed by the Senior Pastor
- Able to provide own transportation to/from the church for meetings, events, etc.
- Possess an energetic persona in connecting with the community and lead others to the community of Pathway Community Church
- Ideal candidates possess prior experience leading or serving in youth ministry
- Ideal candidates either possess or are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Ministry or related field of study
Matters of Conflict
- Will handle matters of conflict in a Matthew 18:15-17 manner
- If a conflict is not resolved, will work with the Senior Pastor for counsel only after having approached the individual I have had the conflict with one on one
- Will not discuss unresolved conflict with others
- We are committed to depending on God while being strategic, purposeful, and responsible in everything we do
- We are committed to working together as a team
- We are committed to valuing people over process
- We are committed to effective and timely communication
- We are committed to extending extravagant hospitality to our volunteers, guests, and each other
- We have each other’s “6” – We are committed to protecting each other and our families
- We are committed to respectful, honest, and open dialogue in our interactions with each other
- We are committed to integrity – we are honest in our work and our relationships
- We are faithful and loyal to God and each other as a team
- We are committed to doing our jobs with excellence
- We will not pout (I will not operate in passive aggressiveness)
- We embrace creativity and will willingly consider new and different ideas as God leads
- We seek forgiveness and healing when conflict occurs
- We value collaboration, working cooperatively while drawing on each person’s unique gifting
- We will celebrate! We rejoice in what God is doing in us, through us and in those around us, demonstrating thankfulness and appreciation
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Pastor Jim Dinger, 1731 West Philadelphia Street, West York, PA 17404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.