We are seeking a Youth Pastor with gifts of leadership, delegation and administration, strong communication skills, and a passion for teens finding their home in our church family of MCC. We are looking for a follower of Christ with strong character and a vibrant and growing spiritual life; a person who is teachable and able to support our pastor, leaders, and the church well. The position is part-time, averaging 15-20 hours per week (including hours on Sunday mornings).
- Committed to growing in Christ through prayer, Scripture reading, and community with other believers.
- Committed to the church’s mission and values.
- Regularly attends Sunday worship services at MCC.
- Possess the spiritual gifts, abilities, and temperament needed for the position.
- Has a teachable spirit.
- Demonstrates a clear sense of God’s call to the position.
- Works well with MCC pastor, staff, and with volunteer leaders and teams.
- Strong relational, administrative, and communication (especially written) skills.
- A self-starter who takes initiative.
- Committed to professional growth and development. Including but not limited to attending quarterly BIC Ministry Development Days, attending Susquehanna Ministry Cohort, pursuing credentialing as a licensed pastor in the BIC.
- Is able to provide personal transportation to pick up supplies, etc.
Holistic Spiritual Care (Body, Mind, and Soul)
- Deepen walk with Jesus – Spend time each day with God in prayer and reading his Word. Create space for a spiritual retreat one half day each month for silence, prayer, and reading in order to accomplish the job’s responsibilities in the strength and wisdom of Christ.
- Foster balance – Pursue balance in work and home life.
- Honor your body – Live a lifestyle that honors your body as a gift from God.
- Pursue interpersonal health – Follow Matthew 18 principle for conflict resolution.
- Champion every age group – Inspire the church family to say yes to the next generation through investing in their future now. Provide multigenerational influence as kids move through the phases of growth and development by ensuring that loving and committed adults connect, share, and invest in their lives. The Youth Pastor ensures that kids have those adults in their lives, casts the vision for their potential, tells their stories, and inspires the church to love and treat each kid as God’s image-bearers. Create opportunities where multigenerational influence is achieved for them.
- Align leaders – Coach volunteers and ministry teams to embrace the youth ministry values that align with the overall vision of the church. Work together with teams toward common goals, objectives, and ministry practices that best mobilize their particular ministry. Meet with teams regularly to maintain intentionality and gauge effectiveness in raising up the next generation.
- Assist ministry – Serve your leaders and volunteers by equipping them with what is necessary for both success and joy within their roles. This includes making sure the tools, resources, and knowledgeability are provided to be genuinely helpful in the following areas: building a relational ministry style, effective and efficient communications, and creating inspiring and engaging environments for volunteers, parents, and kids/students. Provide oversight into curriculum selection, development, review, and occasionally preach in the Sunday Morning service or related events through a BIC lens.
- Partner with parents – Find ways to genuinely partner with parents in raising their children by engaging every parent in their role of providing spiritual development. This includes resourcing parents, ensuring consistent communication with parents, and training leaders and volunteers to partner with parents in our commitment to helping the next generation grow into Christlikeness.
- Promote service and church involvement – Create consistent opportunities for kids and teenagers to serve. This includes creating opportunities for children to serve as volunteers in the regular weekly ministries and worship services of the church and missional work and ministry opportunities both locally and globally.
- Community Outreach – Facilitate ways to focus our attention and resources on the next generation outside the walls of the church. Promote relationships with the surrounding school districts, colleges, civic organizations, and local churches to reach our communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Pastoral care – Support the MCC pastor to provide pastoral care for congregation.
- Miscellaneous – Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours: 15-20 hrs./wk. (Flexible weekday schedule, with Sunday morning responsibilities)
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Direct Reports: Volunteers within the Youth Ministry
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Steve Mann, Lead Pastor (email@example.com).