The West Side Brethren in Christ Church exists to help people come to know God personally and develop into mature followers of Jesus Christ. We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired, authoritative and reliable Word of God (2 Tim 2:16). We espouse Brethren in Christ Doctrine. See Articles of Faith and Doctrine.
Located just west of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, the church was established in 1987 as a church plant by five other Franklin County congregations. Since then the church has grown to 100 members and an average attendance of 120 on Sunday morning.
We are seeking a full time Senior Pastor to lead us into our next period of church growth. The pastor is required to nurture the present congregation with solid biblical teaching, preaching and spiritual counselling. The candidate should have strong relational and administrative skills. We expect the pastor to have leadership ability and to help mold a vision for expansion of the gospel in our local community to make disciples.
Licensure and ordination with the Brethren in Christ denomination is strongly preferred. Candidate must be willing to submit themselves to this process if they do not currently hold these credentials.
To apply and/or find out further information, contact email@example.com.
To provide spiritual leadership and care to the West Side congregation working with congregational leadership to provide vision, direction, and administration.
1. Standards for elders (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:7-16).
2. Clear testimony of faith in Christ.
3. Gifts for effective leadership.
4. Accept Bible as Word of God and authoritative for life and practice.
5. Meet standards for Pastors in the BIC Manual of Doctrine and Government.
6. Demonstrate exemplary character in relationships, finances, and lifestyle.
7. Affirm the Articles of Faith of the Brethren in Christ Church and be submissive to general Church leadership and Conference decisions.
1. Fulfill the “Duties of Pastors” given in the Manual of Doctrine and Government.
2. Faithfully preach and teach the Word of God.
3. Pray for the congregation, her endeavors and needs.
4. Chair the Church Board, unless otherwise agreed upon, and provide for administration of the congregation.
5. Seek to motivate the congregation to holy living, faithful discipleship, and effective outreach.
Appointment and Term of Service
1. The Pastor will be appointed by the Pastoral Committee under the direction of the Bishop.
2. Terms of service will be negotiated by the Bishop with the Pastor and Pastoral Committee.