This position oversees all worship, production, and creative arts at Elizabethtown BIC (EBIC) Church. We are looking for someone who will facilitate an intergenerational and Christ-centered worship experience in the following ways:
- Fostering a blend and appreciation of our heritage of traditional music with a broadening selection of contemporary songs in order to see a future where every generation is growing in worship together.
- Pastoring and coaching various worship ministry team leaders within a culture of teamwork and mentoring.
- Expanding diversity and creativity in our services by fostering a church culture of openness and teachability in how all generations and demographics can worship the Living God.
This person will work alongside the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, and fellow staff members to pursue the church’s mission, culture, and values.
- A personal and maturing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ that is visible to others
- Humble, hungry, and smart EQ (i.e., eager to take initiative in continual learning, growing, self-awareness, and relationally intelligent)
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on developing others with a pastoral heart
- Desire and ability to work within a staff culture that is team-oriented and feedback-driven
- Ability to manage conflict in a loving and discerning way
- Organizational and time management skills
- Be able to challenge others in growth (musically and spiritually) in such a way that produces fruit
- Extensive musical knowledge and abilities, including the ability to lead worship with piano and/or guitar
- Ability to incorporate creative elements such as lighting and videography in worship
- Proficiency in worship planning software, ProPresenter, video editing/graphic design software, livestream software
- Interest and growing proficiency in uses of social media
- Agreement with the Brethren in Christ Core Values and BIC Articles of Faith and Doctrine
- Not required but desired—the willingness to pursue pastoral credentialing within the Brethren in Christ Denomination
- Partner with the Senior Pastor in the development of weekend services by using creative elements to shape an intergenerational worship experience
- Oversee all aspects of weekend worship: planning, programming, production, and execution, with an emphasis on scheduling, developing, and equipping volunteers and other staff for ministry
- Lead or participate musically on a worship team in Sunday services 2-3 times a month
- Coach worship ministry teams (including leaders of worship bands and choirs) in spiritual and musical development
- Oversee the Technical Arts Director in all elements of audio/visual programming, including sound mixing, livestreaming, projection, and video recording
- Facilitate the planning and execution of periodic special worship events as needed
- Envision and initiate new elements for worship that engage the body of Christ in diverse and creative ways
- Oversee and enhance our EBIC social media platforms and graphic design areas
- Manage and maintain all musical and production equipment
- Maintain and faithfully steward budgets in assigned areas of responsibility
Hours: 45 hrs./wk., Monday-Thursday, Sunday, with some weeknight responsibilities
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports: Technical Arts Director, Graphic Artist Volunteer, and Worship Administrative Assistant/Intern
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Amanda Rohrer, Executive Pastor – email@example.com.