To our BIC family,
These are unprecedented days in the life of the Church and for the citizens of the world. The global pandemic as a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has led all of us into uncharted territory. Each new day, and often each hour, brings new information and recommendations from those in authority.
The Leadership Council of BIC U.S. and the leadership of the Brethren in Christ Foundation are regularly and prayerfully evaluating the situation. It is our desire to provide guidance to our regional conferences and congregations. Our World Missions leadership team has been closely monitoring the situation around the world and has been in regular communication with our missionaries. We value your continued prayer during these challenging days.
As we seek to develop additional guidance, we encourage the following principles:
- Pray. Seek the Lord first and foremost.
- Be informed. Seek reliable sources and communicate well with your body.
- Obey authority. Comply with laws and cooperate with governmental requests.
- Teach and implement best practices for protecting yourself and others.
- Practice being in the presence of Christ.
- Find ways to be the people that Jesus declared us to be: the salt of the earth and the light of the world.