The Children’s Ministries (CM) Director will work 42.5 hours per week leading our children’s ministries in our church mission: “to initiate and nurture a growing relationship with Christ.”
This role provides a balance of relational leadership and administrative leadership for a thriving children’s ministry with over 200 children on Sunday, 100 elementary age students on Wednesday nights, and 125 regular volunteers.
Sunday & Wednesday Programming
(two 60-minute Sunday services + 90 minute Wednesday night kids program)
- Recruit, manage, develop, and direct large teams of volunteers.
- Create systems of management within each ministry team.
- Schedule and communicate with volunteers.
- Implement Jesus-centered curriculum that meaningfully engages in age-appropriate format.
- Prepare supplies and rooms for volunteers and students.
- Develop strategies to reach families and provide positive transitions in cooperation with other Manheim BIC (MBIC) family and youth ministries.
- Willing to assist parents and ministry leaders navigate areas of conflict and differences in positive ways that promote unity and cooperation.
- Provide welcoming follow-up with visiting families and children.
- Leader trainings, team meetings, summer VBS, family events.
- Lead efforts to train and appreciate volunteers.
- Create & implement new vision and strategies.
- Ensure safety and security of all children while participating in MBIC activities.
- Ensuring all volunteers meet current PA background clearance requirements.
- Meet regularly with MBIC Preschool to strategically and graciously share ministry space.
- Oversee annual Children’s Ministries budget.
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christ and spiritual maturity (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1).
- Leadership experience in children or youth ministry.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferable in a related field of study.
- Ability to work ahead, plan, organize, delegate, and communicate well.
- Great with details & lists.
- Passionate for developing programming that facilitates the faith development of children and their families.
- Willingness to lead with a professional and positive team spirit that supports the core values of Manheim BIC and other church ministries.
- Ability to remain calm in tough situations and critically evaluate positive solutions.
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Brethren in Christ U.S. denomination.
- All required FBI, state police, and child abuse clearances must be completed before work begins.
- The MBIC Lead Youth Pastor oversees CM Ministries.
- This role directs and supervises a Part-Time CM Ministries Assistant Director.
Full-time positions include additional benefits such as health care insurance, pension, paid time off, and educational funding. Salary will be based on experience and education.
Send Resume & Cover Letter to:
Dustin Sauder, Executive Pastor
Manheim BIC Church
54 N. Penryn Rd.
Manheim PA 17543