The Community Life Pastor at Manheim BIC works to mobilize MBIC attenders and members to take their next step(s) of faith, no matter where they are at on the Christian journey – from Invited to Invested. This individual ensures that all church-wide strategies for adult discipleship work in collaboration and cooperation with other MBIC ministries and ministry leaders.
Next Steps include all Discipleship Pathways ultimately happening within small groups where there are four or more people gathering to go through the 5C’s: Connection, Care, Challenge, Clarity, and Celebrate. Discipleship pathways are accomplished through a team-based approach led by high-capacity volunteers, driven by the mission and vision of Manheim BIC. The key to success in this role is leading with creativity and initiating innovative approaches to connection and community.
- Further develop and reimagine the current Next Steps spiritual formation framework and language of MBIC: Initiate, Nurture, Invite
- Work closely with the communications team to communicate and promote NEXT STEPS
- Oversee development and support of Life Application Classes and all adult Groups at MBIC
- Invest deeply in the small group leaders’ lives; recruit, coach and support
- Recruit, coach and support Sunday Hospitality Teams such as ushers, door greeters, welcome team and next steps team, Sunday morning classes
- Oversee the Discover MBIC Class (assimilation)
- Oversee the New Believer’s Class, initiate
- Support small groups at MBIC with weekly sermon discussion prompts and additional relevant material
- Support and connect with the MBIC Celebrate Recovery on Tuesday evenings
- Collaborate with the Family Life Pastor to implement leadership development and integration of Young Adults and Young Married groups
- Work in partnership with MBIC leadership, staff, and congregation in order to accomplish church-wide ministry goals
While the primary focus of this position is fostering Next Step ministries, this person will also serve according to the larger pastoral needs of the congregation which include but are not limited to:
- Crisis counseling with individuals in order to help them determine their best Next Step
- Sunday Service leadership through leading the welcome or prayers, and also being a regular contributor to the preaching team
- Conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms
- Regularly meet with and support the MBIC Pastors & Directors
Experience & Abilities
- Education: Undergraduate or Graduate College Degree preferred
- Experience: 5 years of business or ministry leadership experience
- Experience in a small group ministry
- Ability to create and present adults from “Invited to Invested” with clear next steps for growth
- Proven ability to build up, equip, and release leaders to multiply ministry
- Must be a licensed pastor or be willing to work through the BIC process for licensure
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards
- Actively tithing as a Christian discipline and living out generosity
- Willingness to go through the MBIC membership process
- Believe that the Holy Spirit is active in our world today
This role reports to and works very closely with the MBIC Lead Pastor.
Salary & Benefits
- The starting salary will be market competitive and will be based on education and experience
- Five week sabbaticals are granted every five years for eligible pastoral staff
- Health insurance is provided to all full-time staff at MBIC
- Education, travel, and meeting allowances will also be included in the compensation package
This is a full time position, with about 42.5 flexible hours expected, including Sunday responsibilities and 1-2 evenings a week. Tuesday-Friday are normal office days.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Dustin Sauder, Executive Pastor, at email@example.com.