Main Responsibility: To assist in the preparation, service, and clean-up of high quality and nutritious meals as directed by the Food Service Manager.
- At least 15 years of age.
- Understands and practices what it means to become part of the ministry team in a kitchen setting which includes submission to authority, accountability, willingness to do required and assigned tasks to serve guests.
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Extend kindness and honor when interacting with guests and staff.
- Creatively problem solve and work under and within time constraints.
- Show up to work no less than 5 minutes prior to the start of your shift.
- Follow the directions of the Food Service Manager.
- Come ready to work, in the proper dress attire and footwear, alert, and taking the initiative to help serve the meal.
- Be ready to prep food, run food, clean up food, process dishes, gather trash, and sweep and mop the floors.
- Work as a team with other assistants and/or cooks.
- Be pro-active in managing your work schedule, if you commit to one weekend a month, schedule it, honor it.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as indicated by the Food Service Manager.
Responsible to: Food Service Manager
Essential Function of the Job
- Must be able to assist in opening and/or closing the kitchen.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to operate or learn to operate: broom & dust pan, mop, dishwasher, serving line, toaster, and the dish room fan.
- Ability to listen and follow directions.
- Ability to ask questions to clarify expectations and/or to improve the service that Kenbrook provides its guests.
- Be on your feet for extended periods of time during your shift.
Note: This position description does not state or imply that the duties enumerated here are the only duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to or expected of this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Contact: If you are interested in more information or to apply, please contact our Food Services Manager at 717-865- 4547 or email@example.com
Revised, April 2019