Position: Next Generation Ministry Director (Part-time, 20 hours a week, potential to grow to fulltime)
Targeted Starting Date: April 1, 2022
The Next Generation Ministry Director at The Redland Valley Brethren in Christ Church (RLV) will provide leadership to three key ministries: children’s ministry, youth ministry, and young adult ministry. This will require a firm grasp of the vision and values, organization, and structure of RLV, as well as the ability to build teams, develop leaders, and work collaboratively with the lead pastor, RLV Church Board, and volunteer ministry leaders. This is a 20 hour/week position with the potential to grow to a fulltime position.
Youth Ministry – 75%
- Serve as the primary bible teacher and discipler of youth at the Wednesday evening weekly youth gatherings
- Possess a warm and welcoming personality that draws youth and adults in and to Jesus Christ
- Work with the lead pastor, youth leaders, and student leadership team to provide leadership and vision for youth ministry in cooperation with the lead pastor, youth leaders, and student leadership team
- Collaborate with RLV Church Board and Ministries team for developing ministry structures, policies and procedures, and systems of accountability.
- As available, participate in youth retreats, mission trips, overnights, service projects, fundraisers, as well as Christian centered youth activities/events at school and in the community
- Be accountable to the Ministries Team (monthly report), RLV Church Board (monthly report), and lead pastor (week to week mentoring/coaching).
Secondary Responsibilities – 25%
- Provide oversight of children’s ministry to include vision for children’s ministry, educational resources, teacher training, and participation as an instructor or volunteer if needed.
- Seek to provide best practices for enhancing the children’s ministry
Young Adult Ministry
- Serve as the catalyst for young adult ministry
- Provide leadership and mentoring of young adults through small group engagement, Bible study, and fellowship events.
- Strategically lead the young adults to reach their peers and find their place of ministry and service to Christ and His Kingdom
Relational Leadership – Relationship provides connection. When people connect, they grow. This role is specifically designed to build and develop relationship with the leaders and the families. Relational leadership provides the on-ramp for trust to be built.
Collaborative, Creative, and Innovative – The Next Generation Ministry Director at RLV will build teams, train leaders, and facilitate connections with families. They will also be our champion for children, youth, and young adult ministries and will seek to sow each one into the life of the church.
The Next Generation Ministry Director should have the following personal traits:
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A heart to see children, youth, and young adults find life by following Jesus
- Faithfulness and integrity
- Ability and willingness to take initiative
- Collaborative leadership
- Ability to lead by example and cultivate a spirit of unity throughout the church family
- Ability to represent Christ and his church well in the community at large
- Alignment with the vision, core values, and doctrine of RLV Church
- The ability to lead people in new directions as a process that occurs over time
- A sense of humor
- Youth and/or children’s ministry experienced preferred
Resumes are being received through February 28, 2022 at Redland Valley Church, 3555 Lewisberry Road, York Haven, PA 17370 or may be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org