Mechanicsburg Brethren in Christ Church (McBIC) is looking to hire a full-time Pastor of Children’s Ministry. Our church ministers to between 75-100 children ages birth through 5th grade each Sunday. Our Children’s Pastor will work closely with our part-time Director of Preschool Ministries, who provides leadership to children from birth through pre-kindergarten.
Our elementary school ministry to kids is built around age-based small groups that meet during one hour on Sundays and a multi-media large group worship service during our church’s second worship hour. The goal of McBIC’s Children’s Ministry is to introduce children to faith in Christ and to help them grow in relationship with him as they prepare to transition into middle school.
Important values of our ministry include: partnership between the church and the family in ministering to kids; a streamlined ministry focused on Sunday mornings with small group and worship service components; an emphasis on recruiting committed small group leaders—some of whom have led groups of children from kindergarten through grade 12; many teen volunteers serving in Children’s Ministry; and, placing a priority on guest families.
At this juncture in our ministry we’re looking for a collaborative leader to expand and broaden our ministry by partnering with a team of gifted volunteer leaders.
In keeping with Ephesians 4:11-13, the Pastor of Children’s Ministry partners with the pastoral staff in developing and implementing ministries in the church and community by equipping and releasing people for ministry.
Accountable To: Senior Pastor
- Committed to growing in relationship with God through prayer, Scripture reading, and community with other believers.
- Committed to the church’s mission and philosophy of ministry.
- Possesses the spiritual gifts, abilities, and temperament needed for the position.
- Has a clear sense of God’s call to the position.
- Has a teachable spirit.
- Works well with pastoral staff and volunteer leadership teams.
- A college degree and previous experience working with children is preferred.
- Committed to professional growth through continuing training and education.
- Develop and implement vision for ministry to children ages birth through 5th grade at McBIC and in the local community. Communicate that vision to our church family.
- Invest in parents of McBIC children and partner with them in discipling their children.
- Oversee and partner with our Director of Preschool Ministries in leading preschool children.
- Recruit, develop and oversee adult and teen volunteers in Children’s Ministry.
- Partner with our Middle School Pastor in helping children transition from Children’s Ministry into our Middle School Ministry.
If interested in the position, please email a cover letter and resume to our Office Administrator, Sherry Selkirk, at email@example.com. We will be receiving resumes through Sunday, January 27.