The Meeting House (TMH) is a vibrant and growing multisite church in south central Pennsylvania. Being historically vested, with over 100 years of history serving and loving the surrounding community, The Meeting House is also dissatisfied with the status quo and seeks to create worshipful environments where people who aren’t into church can find a home. Our mission is to help people find life by following Jesus.
The Worship & Media Arts Pastor will lead the worship ministry staff and volunteers to produce engaging, high-quality modern worship experiences for the Carlisle Campus (Auditorium) of The Meeting House and our broadcast worship experience. S/he will coordinate with worship ministry and creative arts staff centrally and at other TMH campuses for creative elements and additional events. S/he will support the Communications and Media teams through creation of digital media including but not limited to graphics and video for Sunday services and social media.
- Lead. Lead the worship ministry from a place of authenticity and genuineness. Hold ultimate responsibility for song sets, worship team composition, and creative direction of the worship experiences for the Auditorium at the Carlisle Campus of The Meeting House. Recruit, train, mentor, and develop staff and congregants serving in worship ministries. Ensure that team members are equipped for their roles, spiritually growing in their relationship with Jesus, and empowered to grow in their leadership as volunteers. Play a regular role in leading weekend worship experiences as the Worship Pastor.
- Develop and disciple. Create pathways for development of high-capacity volunteer leaders whose gifting aligns with the needs and priorities of TMH. Move team members to take their next step in their faith journeys. Provide spiritual focus and pastoral care to those on the worship team.
- Create. Create graphical and video content for use in weekly services as well as social media. Be a creative mind on staff and help to plan creative elements for worship, including special moments within weekly messages, new songs, new genres of music, and special services. Work in conjunction with the Tech Team and Communications Department to incorporate creative backgrounds, lighting, audio, and video to enhance those special moments.
- Collaborate. Model the importance of cross-departmental collaboration with other TMH ministries. Work closely with the Creative Arts Coordinator, Campus Pastor, Audio Director/volunteers, and Communications Department to demonstrate pro-active thinking, teamwork, and logical problem solving.
- Be the example. Have a passion for personal growth and development as a follower of Jesus. Live a life of spiritual development characterized by prayer, Bible study, stewardship, and engagement at The Meeting House. Support and contribute to TMH’s mission, vision, strategy, doctrine, philosophy of ministry, and styles of worship. Lead with humility, courage, humor, and positivity.
- Ability to lead worship as a vocalist and from one or more instruments
- Ability to create graphics and video with a style in keeping with the TMH brand. Familiarity with content creation software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro or similar.
- Ability to prepare for Sunday services with MultiTracks, MainStage, Propresenter, and Planning Center Online.
- Enthusiasm for developing new skills and learning new technologies as needed by the organization.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or seminary
- 3-5 years in worship ministry preferred
- Experience leading worship in a broadcast venue
To apply for the position a candidate should submit resume, references, video of themselves leading worship, and any examples of graphic or video work if available to email@example.com.